12 Mini Memorial Day Bites
Woot woot! Memorial Day is this weekend and we're pumped to cook up a bunch of bite size treats perfect for BBQs, picnics, beach bonfires, and more. Whether you're camping in the woods, doing a kegstand on the Pacific, or wine tasting in Napa, you're gonna need some bite size snacks, and we're ready to hook you up. Here are a dozen picnic-perfect recipes from the Brit & Co. archive.
1. Mac and Cheese Muffins: Mac and cheese in muffin form. What more do you need to know?
2. Potato Skins: Potato skins are always a classic, and these miniature little darlings are too delicious to resist. Could also do a cold spin on them by using veggie dip, hummus, or egg salad for the filling.
3. Super Sliders: Inside out cheeseburger sliders, pulled pork sliders with chipotle 'slaw, and grilled portabella mushroom sliders with pea shoot pesto – yum! Perfect for one of our many portable grills.
4. Grilled Cheese Kebabs: Got a few friends of the veggie persuasion showing up at your Memorial Day 'cue? Prep a bunch of Grilled Cheese kebabs!
5. 7 Layer Dip Chips: Another installment from Jaymee Sire's Super Bowl Series, these bites and easy to pack for a picnic at the park or day at the beach.
6. Caprese Corn Muffin Sandwiches: The prep on these is so easy, that they're easy to whip up if you've got unexpected guests. Bake corn muffins a day ahead of time and serve for breakfast, lunch, or dinner depending on when you need a little extra grub.
7. Pita Cups: We recommend keeping this homemade pita cups on hand whenever you're hosting a summer shindig. Get creative with the filling!
8. Pretzel Pops: Pop it like it's hot! Remember how pretzel pops are the newest on-a-stick food sensation? Bust these out at your next BBQ and everyone will be impressed. If you've got kids in tow, set up a pretzel pop bar and show people how to create their own.
9. Margarita Jello Shots: And onto the sweet stuff. Cinco de Mayo is long gone but tequila shooters in jello form are welcome at any party we're heading to. ;)
10. PB&J Sushi Rolls: Great for kids, these PB&J Sushi Rolls take about 5 minutes to prepare, and are ripe for improvisation.
11. Tie Dye Cake Pops: Who says Tie Dye Cake Pops are only for Easter? Throw a tie dye themed beginning of summer party and serve these beauties so all your fellow flower children.
12. May Flowers Popsicles: A fragrant dessert option perfect if you're the one hosting, these flower pops are just one way to add a pop of color to your freezer.
What picnic, potluck, and BBQ-ready bites are you cooking up this weekend? Send recipe ideas our way by leaving a note in the comments below or finding us on Twitter. Happy Memorial Day Weekend!