12 Pairs of Leggings That Slay Outside the Gym
While leggings have always been our ride-or-die fashion, the ultra-comfy basic earned a place of prestige in our wardrobes after Giambattista Valli sent Nike leggings down the runway during their Fall 2017 show in Paris Fashion Week. If they’re good enough for the iconic French designer, they’re more than okay in our books. Once a frowned-upon lazy-girl essential, leggings are practically considered pants in their own right nowadays, thanks to the athleisure movement. Of course, not just any old pair will do. Elevated interpretations of the stretchy separate are essential, as are the right accessories (think: Solange-approved mules, structured jackets, and statement earrings). Read for a dozen leggings that are totally appropriate to wear outside of the gym.
1. Silence + Noise Striped Stirrup Pant ($39): Trimmed with sporty stripes, these stirrup leggings are the epitome of street-style chic. Do your best Gigi Hadid by styling them alongside feminine heels, a crop top, and a military jacket for a low-key hang sesh with your crew.
2. Zara Ribbed Leggings ($30): “Oh, these old things?” you’ll say as you strut into the room. Between the showstopping pink color and zip-front styling, bright-pink high-waisted leggings are guaranteed to score you a spot in the street style hall of fame.
3. Nasty Gal Rita Confetti Leggings ($25): Party pants — they’re totally a thing. The proof? These high-rise stunners that are ready to tear up the dance floor.
4. Norma Kamali Ruffle Legging ($225): Fancy pants takes on a whole new meaning thanks to these ruffle-trimmed trousers. Allowing you to get gussied up without going OTT, they’ll quickly become a regular in your after-hours rotation.
5. Uterqüe White Leather Leggings ($416): The elevated fabric instantly makes this slim-fit style feel fit for the boardroom — just add a sleek blouse, smart heels, and an oversized blazer for an endless supply of girlboss edge.
6. Topshop Hook and Eye Leggings ($55): Who said basics can’t be badass? Gear up for early morning matcha and gossip with the girls with these hook-and-eye leggings.
7. Free People Never Let You Go Vegan Legging ($98): Equal parts comfy and cool, these vegan leather leggings have serious staying power. Rock ’em now with a sleeveless mock-neck top and strappy mules for a sophisticated aesthetic, then go full-on lazy girl when the cold weather rolls back around with a chunky oversized sweater.
8. Reebok x ELLE Yoga High Waist Leggings ($69): Rain or shine, you’ll redefine fierce in the studio and on the streets in these rainbow bright leggings that feature graffiti artwork by renowned Brooklyn graffiti artist ELLE.
9. Blank NYC Patent Vegan Leather Leggings ($98): There’s something to be said about a pair of patent leggings that look good and feel ah-mazing. This side zip set can be dressed up with a silk cami and glitzy drop earrings or dialed down with embellished slides and an oversized tee.
10. H&M Coated Leggings ($25): Not only will these quicksilver leggings earn you some serious street-style cred (and rack up the likes on Insta), but they’re guaranteed to kick severe cases of the outfit blahs to the curb.
11. Fenty by Rihanna Boxing & Bomber Lace-Up Leggings ($139): Bow down. Run, don’t walk, to snatch up these lace-up, tassel-tastic leggings that are Rihanna-approved. A boxy crop tee and ’70s-inspired wood-sole sandals will be in order.
12. Tna Equator Legging ($30): Spin class isn’t the only place these marble marvels slay. Their modern, minimalist aesthetic makes them the perfect sidekick to a leather jacket and sculptural tote for an afternoon spent running around town.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.