16 Pretty Pots de Creme for Your Next Dinner Party
We know you love desserts — dessert pizza, dessert mashups, dessert lasagna — it’s all good. But if you’re having guests over for dinner, you want something that will truly impress. You can always go the no-bake route, but when you want to do something really special, pots de creme are where it’s at. Learn how to make a basic chocolate (non-dairy!) variety, then mix it up with any number of flavor combinations. Soak up some inspiration to hone your dinner party entertaining skills with these 16 gorgeous takes on pots de creme.
1. Chocolate Pots de Creme with Fresh Berries and Whipped Cream: Mandy from Wholesome Bakery shows us how to make chocolate pots de creme from scratch. Coconut milk means this is great for dairy-free and vegan friends too!
2. Pots de Creme With Rose and Pomegranate: Rosewater and pomegranate seeds turn this custard into something truly unique. Decorate with edible flower petals and serve on a special occasion. (via Sugar et al)
3. Basil Pots de Creme With Balsamic Strawberry Reduction: Basil lends this pots de creme a bright color and fresh, unexpected flavor. Top with the sweet tart reduction for a dessert that will surprise and delight. (via Food Babbles)
4. Peanut Butter Pots de Creme: Don’t be fooled by the way-too-adorable picture — this peanut butter, chocolate and espresso (!) custard is topped with a red wine syrup, not strawberry jelly (though we bet that would taste great too). Make up a batch of super cute shortBREAD (get it?) to dunk. (via Brave Tart)
5. White Chocolate Pots de Creme With Lemon and Raspberry Sauce: Lemon and raspberry are such a natural pairing, that it only makes sense to layer them up in this classic dessert. White chocolate makes for the perfect base to mellow the tart flavors. (via Cooking and Beer)
6. Meyer Lemon and Thyme Pots de Creme: Light and fresh as a summer breeze, these pots de creme pair the brightness of Meyer lemons with fresh thyme, but rosemary or basil would be great substitutes. (via Baking a Moment)
7. Kahlua Pots de Creme: Our favorite after-dinner drink makes an appearance in this equally lust-worthy chocolate dessert. With just five ingredients, this may become a new sinful staple in your home. (via Friday Is Cake Night)
8. Salted Chocolate, Raspberry and Pistachio Pots de Creme: Honey-whipped cream tops these dense chocolate pots which are then dressed with fresh berries and nuts. Plenty of opportunity for customization with this dessert! (via Hummingbird High)
9. Vanilla Bean Pots de Creme With Bacon Brittle: Did someone say bacon? Why not top this sweet confection with crispy, caramelized bacon brittle? Just make extra of the topping since you’re going to want to munch on that for days. (via Beth Dunham)
10. Healthy Salted Chocolate Pots de Creme (Vegan, No Refined Sugar): Truly the healthiest pots de creme we’ve seen, this version adds bananas, chia seeds and raw cacao to non-dairy milk for a delicious dessert suitable for all audiences. (via Eye Candy Popper)
11. Peanut Butter Pots de Creme: Peanut butter and chocolate combine to form some of the greatest desserts in the world, and this is no exception. The rich peanut butter custard is topped with a dark chocolate ganache for the most grown-up Reese’s cup around. (via Girl Gone Gourmet)
12. Lemon Pots de Creme With Blueberries and Cookie Crumble: Yes, we want cookies on our cremes. Sweet blueberries offset tart lemon which gets finished with a crispy shortbread in this dessert that ticks all the boxes. (via Cooking and Beer)
13. Walnut Caramel Pots de Creme: Milk and dark chocolate make up the base of this dish which gets topped with fresh whipped cream and walnuts. To kick up the nutty flavor (and give it a grown-up twist), add a dash of walnut liqueur. (via Noshing With the Nolands)
14. Milky Way Pots de Creme: Layer this Milky Way custard with a caramel topping and garnish with chocolate whipped cream, and you have dessert on dessert on dessert! This childhood treat is all grown up. (via Tasty Trials)
15. Earl Grey Pots de Creme With Lavender Cream: When it’s gray and blustery outside, why not brew up some Earl Grey tea inside and whip up a batch of comforting pots de creme? This recipe combines the sophisticated flavors of tea and lavender for a treat worthy of a Downton Abby binge fest. (via Kate Sonders)
Follow us on Pinterest for more easy + delicious recipes.
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!