9 Easy Ways to Step Up Your Entertaining Game
You don’t have to be Martha Stewart to throw a classy dinner party or get-together. All you need are some good friends, good food (like these healthy grilled fish recipes) and great ambience. Which means it’s time to make an upgrade from the housewares you’ve kept since freshman year. Don’t worry, you don’t have to spend a ton of money to be the hostess with the mostess. Take the DIY route and make your own entertaining essentials to transform your shindig from eek.
1. Wooden Cheese Board: When it comes to food, presentation counts. That’s why nothing goes better with fancy cheeses than a fancy cheese board. DIY your own with this cheese board kit created in partnership with Grace Bonney, the founder of Design*Sponge (swoon!). It comes with everything you need to customize a one-of-a-kind wood-burnt serving board. (via Brit + Co)
2. Menu: Take your party to the next level with an elegant dinner menu. Not only will your guests feel like they’re in a five-star restaurant, they’ll get to take home a fun souvenir. (via Grey Likes Weddings)
4. Cocktail Set: Let your guests mix and drink their beverages in style. Personalize your own sophisticated drinkware with this engraved tumbler kit (ideal for making mint juleps or any other tasty cocktail). (via Brit + Co)
6. Mood lighting: Don’t underestimate the power of lighting, especially candles. A few strategically placed votives can help your home go from drab to fab. There are tons of tutorials to help make stylish candles at home or buy this color-block candle kit, which includes everything you need. (via Brit + Co)
9. Cute Coasters: Dress up boring old coasters and turn them into mini works of art. Chances are you’ll never see a water ring again. Get fancy with this flower coaster kit or agate slice kit. (via Brit + Co).
Throwing a dinner party? Show us your fancy spread! Tag us on Instagram + use the hashtag #iamcreative!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)