4 Ways to Enjoy Pumpkin for People Who Are Obsessed AF
Pack up your sunnies, put away your mini skirts, and brace yourselves for cooler weather. With summer coming to an end, the season we’ve been patiently waiting for is finally here. Fall AKA pumpkin everything season is here, and we couldn’t be more excited. We’ve partnered up with Yasso Frozen Greek Yogurt to bring you four non-basic ways to enjoy our favorite flavor: pumpkin. Scroll on for savory snacks and sweet treats guaranteed to hit the spot!
ULTIMATE WAFFLE BOWL SUNDAE
What’s better than pumpkin flavor? How about three amazing fall flavors swirled into one frozen treat. Our friends at Yasso brought their A-game with their Pumpkin Cheesecake Frozen Greek Yogurt, complete with graham cracker swirls. We decided to kick it up a notch by making maximalist waffle sundae bowls.
Seasonal toppings, we recommend:
- Graham crackers
- Ginger snap cookies
- Chocolate syrup
- Candied walnuts
- Dark cherries
- Scoop Yasso Pumpkin Cheesecake into waffle bowls.
- Go crazy with your toppings! More is MORE!
Yasso doubles down on indulgence but maintains sensible nutrition, truly giving you the best of both worlds.
SAVORY PUMPKIN PIZZA
We all know and love pumpkin pie in dessert form, but have you ever given savory pumpkin a chance? We’ve crafted a seriously cheesy and delicious recipe that will have you craving more than one type of pumpkin pie.
- Ready to bake pizza dough
- 1.5 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 caramelized onion
- 1 shallot
- 1/2 tablespoon thyme
- Parmesan cheese to top
- 2 cups white cheddar cheese
- 1 cup arugula
- Pumpkin seeds
- Chili flakes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- While the oven preheats, add sliced onion and oil to a pan and let cook until it caramelizes, stirring occasionally.
- Spread pumpkin puree on pizza crust.
- Add all your toppings except parmesan cheese and arugula.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Add remaining toppings.
This pizza was so good, it disappeared in a matter of minutes at our office!
PUMPKIN HUMMUS WITH CRUDITÉS
Let’s talk about this pumpkin hummus, y’all! It’s tasty, wholesome, and versatile. It works great for crudité or as a sandwich spread!
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Pomegranate seeds from one whole pomegranate
- Rainbow carrots
- Cherry/grape tomatoes
- Bell peppers
- Purple cauliflower
- Snap peas
- Watermelon radishes
- Add pumpkin, chickpeas, lemon juice, garlic, tahini, olive oil, and spices to food processor. Mix until desired consistency.
- Top hummus with pomegranate seeds.
- Cut and plate vegetables.
FROZEN GREEK YOGURT PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE BARS
No recipe needed here, just a delicious ready-to-eat treat! Yasso’s new Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars are made with real greek yogurt and contain no high intensity sweeteners like erythritol.
What’s our favorite way to enjoy pumpkin? We’d love to see, tag us on Instagram using @Britandco and @Yasso.
Photography: Brittany Griffin
Food Styling: Amanda Anselmino
Production + Styling: Cassidy Miller