Guys. We’re kind of lamenting the end of Halloween right now. It’s, IDK, a little like a wedding perhaps? All this prep, loads of DIYing and then it’s over just like that. The only thing that’s going to make it a little better is that today is Saturday and it’s time for another What’s App-ening! Woo! To keep the party going we have an app that IS a party, one that wants to help you document any/all parties you may be posing for pix at and even a couple apps that promise that you’ll have said party, or at least an adventure along the way.
1. Print Studio: We saw this app featured in the “New” section of the App Store and started instantly thinking of all the events and occasions this could come in handy for. From our empty TBD gallery wall in our new apartment to the many weddings we still have to buy gifts for (shh, we have a year per etiquette guides…). This turns your Instagram or camera roll into an easy-to-use printing studio creating anything from prints to stickers to framed high res photos for the aforementioned gallery wall. Seriously, girl, get on that.
2. Intro: About.me already gives you a screenshot-able version of your professional profile in a more visually appealing way than LinkedIn ever has/will, and their latest app wants to turn that profile into a digital business card. Easily exchange your online profile with new and future friends and business acquaintances and tailor it to share exactly what you want (email? phone? neither?) depending on the person. You’ll be able to easily keep tabs on your new contacts and import them right into your phone to set up that coffee next Tuesday.
Cost: Free on iOS
3. Journeys & Notes: This “delightfully curious social app” wants to add context to any little adventure that you go on. Whether your A to B is home to work or camp in the middle of nowhere to beautiful beach oasis, J & N introduces you to a community of people who have taken that path as well. Read their notes and tips and add your own to turn even your daily commute into a communal treasure hunt.
Cost: Free on Android
4. Sing! Karaoke by Smule: To round out the fun we promised, how about an app that turns your smartphone into a karaoke machine?! Okay, okay, perhaps karaoke is a little love it or hate it, but this turns a singalong with buds or your mirror into a concert. With the latest update to this app, you can make little karaoke music videos with friends and other Sing! users around the globe, which would be perfect for someone like me who always needs someone to sing the chorus of “Super Bass” while I rap the verses — any takers?
5. Enforced Vacation: That sounds like a pretty serious name for an app, no? Well, if you didn’t get it from the name (again, that’s “Enforced Vacation”) this is a system that delivers just that. It’s an add-on for all of your devices that turns your work email off of your phone, computer and tablets after you clock out of the office.
Cost: Free on any device (computer too!) for the first month, $1 per user a month after that. Not a bad deal for a free daily vacation.
What was your favorite app download of the week? Share below!