9 Must-See Style Trends From the 2015 ACM Awards
When you hear that the biggest stars in country music are all getting together for the genre showcase that is the Academy of Country Music Awards, it’s easy to envision a red carpet flooded with cowboy boots and checkered button-downs. That was not the case at last night’s 50th annual ACMs (although, Justin Moore did show up with a red Solo cup in hand). After sifting though the best arrival looks, we’ve uncovered a slew of trends that would suit your country and little more rock and roll sides just the same, including two must-have summer colors, some serious beach wave inspiration and the perfect-for-spring pink lipstick. Scroll down to check out nine copy-worthy trends from the star-studded event.
1. Electric Blue: While white was definitely the go-to color at the award shows earlier this year, it looks like this bold shade of blue was the top choice in Texas. Hillary Scott of Lady Antebellum rocked the color in a ruffled gown, Danielle Bradbery opted for trendy matching separates and Luke Bryan’s beau, Caroline Boyer chose to step up the drama with some added embellishments.
2. Graphic Prints: It feels a little bit like we’re headed back to the ’60s in these ultra-graphic black and white looks. Jana Kramer and Dierks Bentley’s wife Cassidy Black walked the red carpet in similar patterns with drastically different hemlines, while Mickey Guyton took the look to a more tropical-feeling place by adding in a little floral action.
3. Beach Waves: Arlington, TX is about 300 miles from the nearest beach, but you’d never know it by the looks of this red carpet hair trend. The laid-back ladies of country music skipped the intricate updos and instead opted for loose, tousled curls. Ashley Monroe’s platinum locks were the tamest of the bunch, while Kimberly Perry and Jana Kramer totally embraced the messy, voluminous look.
4. Crystal Embellishments: It looks like these two co-stars/besties might just be spending too much time together. Sofía Vergara and Reese Witherspoon both walked the red carpet in black dresses full of heavy silver embellishments. They did differ slightly when it came to the hemline though: Sofíawent for a long and lean look in a knee-length gown while Reese kept things short and sweet in a mini A-line number.
5. Hot Pink: Electric blue was definitely the winning shade of the night, but hot pink came in at a close second.Curly haired, Kimberly Schlapman definitely won for most dramatic in her belted ballgown while Justin Moore’s wife Kate rocked the same shade in a slender, strapless number. Jason Aldean’s new wife, Brittany Kerr sported a slightly less saturated version of the color in a high collared dress with a show-stopping slit.
6. Dual-Toned Jackets: ACM fashion wasn’t all about the ladies. The boys of country really brought it this year with one major sartorial risk: dual-toned jackets. Thomas Rhett opted for the color of night in his electric blue + navy ensemble, Scotty McCerry kept things simple in a black + navy combo and Frankie Ballard really went for it in a bold, red jacket with a contrasting black collar. (Photos via Jason Merritt/Getty)
7. Pink Lips: While the shades did vary slightly, pink was definitely the most popular lip color of the night. Both Beth Behrs and Kimberly Schlapman went for a warm, glossy version of the hue while Miranda Lambert took us straight back the ’90s in a frosty rendition of the color.
8. Embellishments + Sheer: Taking Reese and Sophia’s trend one step further, these looks were all characterized by dramatically beaded or sequined embellishments with a little bit of see-through action. Both Kellie Pickler and Beth Behrs opted to dawn the style only on top while Jamie Lynn Spears spared no subtlety in a mermaid-tastic, black sequined number. (Photos via Jason Merrit/Getty)
9. Romantic Braids: From the runway to street style to the red carpet, it’s become pretty obvious that braids are a hairstyle that’s here to stay. Kacey Musgraves rocked a side fishtail with some added volume on top while Kelsea Ballerini sported a similar but slightly messier version of the look. Kellie Pickler put her own spin on the classic style by twisting it up into a tousled updo that we’re dying to DIY for our next fancy event. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
What was your favorite look from the 50th ACM Awards? Share with us in the comments below.
(Photos via Jason Merrit/Getty)