Over the course of the 2015 red carpet season, one trend has become crystal clear. The celebs are loving white. From Rosamund Pike’s cut-out Golden Globes dress to Charlie XCX’s controversial Grammys tuxedo, they can’t seem to get enough of the crisp color. As Sunday’s red carpet rolled out at the Oscars, we watched the trend continue in full force. We didn’t see only white, but also a whole bunch of dresses that would look just as good walking down the aisle as they do the red carpet. If you fell in love with one of these stunning 2015 Oscar dresses, here’s how you can shop the look.
1. Jennifer Lopez: If you’re not afraid of the drama factor, take a hint from J-Lo and go for an ultra full skirt with heavy embellishments like this Vatana Watters gown ($2,100). If you’re after something that’s more similar in color, try this blush top and corset combo.
2. Zendaya: If you’re a bride who wants to look like a total babe, try this off-the-shoulder style ($588), which gives off both cool and contemporary vibes.
3. Reese Witherspoon: Take a queue from Reese Witherspoon’s Tom Ford dress and show off a dramatic contrast between black and white. Put a bit more of a bridal spin on the look by keeping the same mermaid silhouette and incorporating a black sash like in this Donna Karan number ($5,500).
4. Kerry Washington: Always a class act, Kerry Washington dawned a slim cut peplum ensemble at this year’s Academy Awards. Mimic the look in this J. Mendel gown ($3,900), which is similar in color and cut. If you’re in search of something a little more affordable, try this BCBG peplum number that’s a slightly more embellished ($498).
5. Chloe Grace Moretz: Make Chloe’s floral gown bridal ready by translating it into this custom-made Jennifer Gifford gown (price upon request), which still has a very obvious floral element but keeps things classic on bottom.
6. Lupita Nyong’o: This beaded Anthropologie number ($398) may not have 6,000 pearls attached to it like Lupita’s, but you’ll still get the same dramatic and darling effect.
7. Felicity Jones: The best supporting actress nominee has been loving the volume this season. At the Golden Globes she rocked a large high-collared gown and for the Oscars she chose a similar style. Follow in Felicity’s footsteps and spend your wedding day in this elegant silver gown with an embellished collar ($1,385). For something with similar vibes and a cheaper price tag, try this Needle & Thread gown ($630).
8. Keira Knightley: For the nontraditional bride, take Keira Knightley’s embroidered neutral dress and give it a floral and geometric spin. This Temperley London dress ($928) is far from classic, but that definitely doesn’t have to be a bad thing.
9. Marion: If you’re after something with a simple silhouette and delicate detailing, copy the key elements from Marion’s Oscar dress in this Roberto Cavalli number ($2,583). If you’re planning an intimate backyard wedding or city hall nuptials, this will fit right in. For a look with a little more detail, check out this ornate Rue De Seine gown.
10. Julianne Moore: We’ll be honest, it’s going to be pretty difficult to replicate a handmade dress by Karl Lagerfeld, but you might come pretty close in this Badgley Mischka strapless gown ($760). Offering the same neckline, mermaid silhouette and attention to detail, this dress will have you feeling like a Hollywood star all day long.
11. Lady Gaga: If you’re going to copy Gaga it has to be a “go big or go home” type situation. For those of you with a generous budget, bring the house down in this Monique Lhuillier embellished dress complete with a princess skirt ($5,499). If you’re looking for something that won’t cost quite so much, try this simpler but still super sparkly style by Aidan Mattox ($585)
Which white dress was your favorite from this year’s award show season? Drop us a line in the comments below.
(Photos via Frazer Harrison/Jason Merritt/Getty)