Indulge Your Wanderlust With These Dreamy Airbnb Hammocks
There’s absolutely no better place than a hammock to kick back and relax with your favorite La Croix cocktail or beach read this summer. If you’re planning a late-summer vacay, why not center your trip around settling into a majorly relaxing sling just right for basking in the sun? To celebrate National Hammock Day, we’ve rounded up these seven dreamy Airbnb stays that feature totally Insta-worthy hammocks.
1. The Sun and Surf Stay ($110+ per night): Located on Bingin Beach in Bali, this gorgeous private room’s deck is mere feet from the sand and waves. Below, you’ll basically have the beach to yourself, which is both perfect for snorkeling and close to bustling nightlife in the nearby town. But with that kind of a reading spot, who’d ever want to leave?
2. The Joshua Tree House ($192+ per night): No need to rough it in the desert during your Joshua Tree National Park adventure, when you can kick back at this two-bedroom 1949 hacienda right at the entrance to the park. Filled with stunning desert decor, you can “watch the sunrise from the front porch, or star gaze from the hot tub” after a day of hiking. And then you can post up in that incredible hammock for a little afternoon snooze.
3. Grand Suite at the Dreamcatcher ($105+ per night): Part of a vegetarian bed and breakfast by the beach in San Juan, Costa Rica, this oasis of a suite is a wellness-retreat traveler’s dream come true. Fill your days with yoga and healthy cooking classes, relaxing massages and even salsa dancing. Or just take advantage of the beautiful seclusion of that incredible deck by lounging hammock-style.
4. Villa Hegge Scandi Cabin ($596+ per night): Not every hammock stay has to be tropical! Peep the incredible mountain view from this snuggly hammock spot. Located in a tiny coastal town on the northwest coast of Norway, this eclectic cottage is tucked away in a forest that gets plenty of midnight sun and northern lights.
5. Shasta Airflyte ($91+ per night): Take glamping to the next level with a stay in this brand spankin’ new 17-foot Shasta Airflyte travel trailer, parked among the trees on Pender Island, British Columbia. Rustic on the outside, it has a surprisingly modern interior, complete with a private hot tub. Curl up with a book on nature in this hammock, strung up between two nearby trees.
6. Paradise in Guatape ($155+ per night): After a day of kayaking on picturesque Guatape Lake in Columbia, zen out with some sangria on the back porch of this boho getaway that features charming stained-glass details and whitewashed walls. After you find your calm, you can go find excitement by hitting the town in nearby Medellin. Late-night hammock swinging is encouraged.
7. Casita Damiana ($82+ per night): Overlooking a lush landscaped property that sits above the Sea of Cortez in San Jose del Cabo, Mexico, this secluded one-bedroom casita is the perfect romantic spot for you and your boo. Take a dip in the pool, cook up a healthy lunch in the outdoor kitchen and — of course — put your feet up in that delightful hammock.
Share your most relaxing hammock vacation snaps with us on Instagram!
(Photos via Airbnb)