Celebrate National Alfredo Day the Right Way With These Recipes
Over the last couple of years, cauliflower Alfredo sauce has taken the interwebs by storm. Sure, it’s a great vegan and low-fat option, but what happened to indulging in a good ol’ cream and butter pasta? Everything in moderation, right? Besides, you just finished a round of Whole30 and you’re really jonesing for something that’s not a spiralized veggie. Lucky for you, National Alfredo day is TODAY, February 7, which sounds like the perfect opportunity to splurge a little. Check out these 19 Alfredo recipes that’ll help you celebrate the holiday the right way.
3. Chicken Fajita Alfredo: If classic chicken Alfredo is too basic for you, this variation will definitely keep you on your toes. It’s full of green and red bell peppers, fajita seasoning and a creamy Parmesan sauce that brings everything together. (via Plain Chicken)
5. Chicken Alfredo Pizza: With toppings like fontina cheese and chopped chicken, this sliceable chicken Alfredo pizza is pure gourmet ‘za heaven. That delivery place ain’t got nothing on you. (via Recipe Runner)
6. Chicken Alfredo Roll-Ups: This riff on traditional lasagna is everything your cheesy dreams are made of. Serve with a big salad and breadsticks and you’ll think you’re eating at your favorite chain restaurant. (via Julie’s Eats and Treats)
8. Chicken and Mushroom Alfredo Casserole: You won’t find any cream of mushroom soup in this casserole. Since there’s also no pasta or grains in sight, you can choose whatever you like to serve it with. (via Valentina’s Corner)
9. Chicken and Spinach Manicotti With Alfredo Sauce: If you think that manicotti is too time-consuming and messy to fool with, think again. To stuff the tubes of pasta with ease, spoon the filling into a piping bag and squeeze to fill. Yep, it’s THAT simple. (via Go Go Go Gourmet)
10. Chicken Pasta With Creamy Cilantro-Lime Alfredo Sauce: Forget everything you think you know about making Alfredo and listen up. As long as you have the base sauce down, there’s no reason you can’t spice it up with more interesting flavors. Try cilantro and lime for a zesty Southwestern kick. (via Julia’s Album)
11. Parmesan Garlic Crusted Chicken With Garlic Alfredo Shells: Bench your favorite mac and cheese and try garlic Alfredo shells instead. The whole family will love them and you may just have a new side dish MVP on your hands. (via The Recipe Critic)
12. Buffalo Chicken Alfredo Bake: Buffalo chicken dip is always the first dish that’s emptied at a potluck, and this casserole will be no different. Plus, you only need five ingredients in order to bring the whole thing together. Yes, please. (via Back for Seconds)
13. Crock Pot Chicken Alfredo Pasta With Broccoli: It seriously doesn’t get easier than preparing a full meal in the slow cooker. PS: We won’t tell if you decide to use jarred Alfredo sauce too. (via Chelsea’s Messy Apron)
14. One Pot Cajun Chicken and Sausage Alfredo Pasta: You know that spicy New Orleans-style Alfredo you sometimes like to indulge in when you dine out? Well, we’re here to tell you that you can make it at home and inhale the whole thing in your sweats. Now that’s a win-win! (via No. 2 Pencil)
17. Skinny Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Spaghetti Squash: If pasta and heavy cream are a hard pass on your diet, this faux spaghetti squash Alfredo is a pretty convincing substitute. Pile everything back in the squash to serve and enjoy the healthy fruits of your labor. (via Dishing Out Health)
19. Easy Garlic Alfredo Tortellini: Grab a spoon and get ready to shovel every bite of this velvety tortellini in your mouth. The anticipation may seem unbearable, but you only have to wait for 20 minutes to dive in. (via Damn Delicious)
Follow us on Pinterest for more comforting recipe ideas.