Hasta la vista, winter blues! Now that we’ve finally made it to the official first week of spring, we’re ridiculously excited to start catching up on all of our favorite warm weather activities (and yes, that includes sipping a Cool Lime Refresher from an adorable Starbucks spring cup). Since the shift in seasons has gotten us in the mood for all things fresh and new, we thought it would be a good idea to give our tech a little facelift too by downloading some brand new apps. So without further ado, here are five new apps to download this week to celebrate our favorite season of all.
1. Super Mario Run: The wait is over, Android peeps! After the iOS version of this throwback game was released in December of last year, Android users have been itching to get their hands on this classic-made-modern smartphone game, and at last Nintendo has complied. While the download is free, you’re going to have to shell out at least $10 to actually play all six worlds — but hey, we’ll gladly pack a bagged lunch for a few days to take a nostalgic adventure with Mario, Princess Peach, and Bowser.
2. Bubble Witch Saga 3: In this new and exciting third installment of the Bubble Witch series of games, you are tasked with helping Stella the Witch defeat the evil Wilbur by popping as many bubbles as you can. Whether you’re a diehard fan of the other Bubble Witch games or just looking for something to take over your Candy Crush addiction, we definitely advise downloading this free app ASAP.
3. SmartyPlants: With spring finally in full bloom, it’s time to get serious about starting that garden you’ve always been talking about. With this cool new app, all you need to do is take a picture of your plant and enter it into the app’s database for a treasure trove of care reminders and tips for your specific species of plant.
DL It: Free on iOS
4. AVA: Finding something to do on a Saturday night just got a whole lot easier. Simply plug in your budget and the amount of time you have to fill, and AVA will immediately create an adventure based around your specific interests. Although there’s still a waiting list to use the app as of now, we are super excited to try this out on our next night on the town.
DL It: Free on iOS
5. EcoAlarm: Go ahead, do some good while you press snooze for the hundredth time. EcoAlarm is an Android-only alarm app that uses recorded sounds from the endangered Argentine forests via Spotify to wake you up. This means that whenever the alarm goes off, you’re helping protect the forest by generating royalties for the Fundación Banco de Bosques.
DL It: Free on Android
Which app was your fave this week? Tweet us by mentioning @BritandCo.