Thanks to Anne Hathaway, We’re All About THIS Spring Style Combo
Our girl crush on Anne Hathaway gets stronger with every glam style risk she takes. First, the A-list actress made us seriously consider committing to a 60s-style pixie cut just like the one she’s been rocking since she chopped off her locks for her Oscar-winning performance in Les Miserables. And now, she’s made us believers in the ability to look classy in a crop top.
The moral of this style story is that opposites attract for a reason: A high-waisted, just-below-the-knee skirt not only adds ladylike flair to this look (and any look, really), but it also minimizes the amount of skin you’re flashing in that cutoff top. Plus, the mix of flowy and structured separates are key to making this outfit feel ultra modern — going fitted head-to-toe could look a tad, shall we say, skimpy, while the loose-all-over look creates a boxy silhouette that’s anything but flattering. Anne’s got it just right. So give this celeb a run for her money: Shop our 12 favorite crop top-midi skirt copycat combos right here.
1. Artelier Cluster Crop Top ($203) + ASOS Full Midi Skirt in Scuba With Tiered Seam Detail ($66): When we say copycat, we mean copycat. Now just round out this A-list look to a tee with a pair of oversized sunnies and fierce white pumps.
2. Sweetheart Crop Top ($7) + Riviera Ponte Skirt ($198): Daring, darling, do it! The peer pressure is on for this ultra girly look that combines a bow-back, bodycon crop top and a striped fit and flare midi.
3. Scallop Crop Vest ($25) + Texture Gathered Knee Midi Skirt ($90): If you ask us, this ladylike crop top-midi combo is begging to be worn in head-to-toe pastels, and a sherbert scalloped top and duck egg blue midi are quite the modern match.
4. ASOS Top With Curved Hem in Scuba ($42) + ASOS Full Midi Skirt in Leather ($226): A leather midi? Yes you can! Just make sure to ditch the classic black for a lighter shade like lavender. Pair with a tight-fitting jersey crop top — we love how the V-shaped neck and hemline give it a sporty feel.
5. Crochet Crop Top ($76) + ASOS Midi Skirt in Abstract Print ($66): This outfit is all about the art of the power clash with our favorite graphic: shapes! The cutouts on this soft knit crop top perfectly mimic the bold geo blocks on that full swing skirt. Together, this eclectic pieces feels super streamlined.
6. ASOS Shell Top in Wide Stripe ($48) + ASOS Midi Skirt in Bright Jacquard ($85): Who would have thought a midriff-baring outfit could look so posh? Grab a stiffened striped top and textured midi to take your wedding guest attire to the next level.
7. Lavish Alice Structured T-Shirt With Curved Hem and Ribbed Neck ($42) + London Midi Skirt ($38): This ain’t your average errand running look: Even though the top and skirt are made out of casual jersey, their structure adds just enough polish to wear ‘em out on the town (with Birkenstocks? Oh yes!).
8. You Frill Me Crop Top ($38) + Whistles Daisy Foil Skirt ($236): We’re completely won over by the exaggerated ruffle cap sleeves on this crop top that’s made from a swoon-worthy chambray fabric. Balance out the sculptured look with this high-gloss, high-waisted skirt that’s oh-so-flowy.
9. Fisherman Cropped Sweater ($56) + ASOS Woven Midi Skirt in Stripe ($68): If you don’t own a cropped sweater yet, make this post an excuse to pounce! A basic fisherman-style knit is both cozy and chic, and pairs with this preppy striped skirt like a dream.
10. Wind Chime Raised Collar Top ($120) + ASOS Coated Midi Skirt With Pleats ($30): This raised collar crop top is minimalist style at its best. Play up the purple-ish tone with a pleated plum skirt that adds cool contrast to this high-fashion get up.
11. Split Front Crop Tank ($119) + ASOS Pencil Skirt in Pastel Stripe ($34): We’re obsessed with the split front on this crop top (and the racerback is just as fab!). Its relaxed fit makes perfect for pairing with a form-fitting midi — obviously this color blocked number was “the one.”
12. Coral Collar Top ($48) + House of Holland Tube Skirt ($170): A cropped blouse could be THE way to amp up your work wardrobe (would you dare wear it to your 9-to-5?). Embrace the bold coral hue and rock it with an equally eye-catching midi, like this hyper-patterned skirt.
Are you obsessed with this crop top-midi skirt look? Which other celeb styles are you crushing hard on? Tell us in the comments below.