14 Bath Bombs to Warm You Up on Cold, Dreary Days
Is there anything better on a cold winter night than a nice soak in the tub? We didn’t think so. Aside from warming you up in the cold, baths are the perfect way to treat yourself and your body to some much-needed TLC. While you might think such a relaxing time can only be achieved at a spa, it’s easy to bring the spa experience to your home with simple bath salts, soaks or bombs. So sit back, relax and soak in these 14 must-have bath essentials.
1. Level Naturals Chamomile Neroli Bath Bombs ($15): This bomb is like a cup of your favorite herbal tea. Throw one of these little balls of sunshine into your tub, close your eyes and immerse yourself in the floral scent of a simpler life.
2. True Nature Botanicals Dead Sea Salts in Bliss ($48): These aptly named bath salts will truly leave you in a state of bliss. Soak in the aroma of roses and sandalwood with this stress-reducing bath experience.
3. Herbivore Botanicals Detox Dead Sea Bath Salts ($18): Give your mind and body a total detox with this potent blend of refreshing soaking salts. Blue clay and eucalyptus are just two of the ingredients in this mixture, which will create a totally mind-clearing experience.
4. Lush Experimenter Bath Bomb ($9): Bring a little color to your bath with this psychedelic bath bomb from Lush. With swirling hues accompanying the scents of vanilla and tonka, this fizzing bomb truly brings a little bit of art to your tub.
5. Harlow Rustic Bath Soak ($22): Sit back and breathe in the aroma of Himalyan pink salt, oranges and chamomile in this fun, rustic bath soak.
6. Laura Mercier Crème Brûlée Honey Bath ($45): We’ll never say no to a delicious dessert, and you never have to when you’re using a bath product as sweet and scrumptious as this one. This honey bath from Laura Mercier comes with the scent of crème brûlée, for the ultimate French girl experience.
7. Osmia Organics Organic Tea Bath ($29): Tea lovers, rejoice — this bath is for you! You’ll feel like you’re climbing into a delightful cup of tea using this mixture of oats, roses, flowers and salt.
8. Philosophy Vanilla Bean Nutmeg Shampoo, Shower Gel & Bubble Bath ($18): The weather outside might be frightful, but this bubble bath is super delightful. The holiday-appropriate fragrance of vanilla bean and nutmeg will envelop you in its warm embrace when you use this festive bath supplement.
9. Wild Rituals Bath Bomb ($8): Bombs away! Embrace your inner mermaid with this soothing blend of seaweed and mango butter, housed in a fun, fizzing bath bomb.
10. Fig + Yarrow Floral Milk Bath ($32): This milk bath will wrap you up in a romantic mixture of beautiful florals and skin-softening milks and therapeutic salts. All in all, this fragrant option is a great way to end a TLC session.
11. Elucx Relax Dead Sea Salt Bath Soak ($23): Immerse yourself in a stew of pink clay, bergamot and rose petals that will help refresh both your mind and body.
12. Skinnyskinny Lavender, Peppermint and Tea Tree Bath Soak ($38): This carefully curated blend of lavender, peppermint and tea tree fragrance is a natural mood elevator that’s guaranteed to leave you with a smile on your face.
13. Aquarian Soul Coconut Rose Milk Bath ($32): Summer might be long gone, but we’ll never tire of the scent of coconuts. You’ll feel like a queen relaxing in this coconut milk and rose petal-infused bath that’ll leave your skin hydrated and happy.
14. Jo Malone Nutmeg and Ginger Bath Oil ($65): Get in the holiday spirit with a hydrating bath oil infused with notes of nutmeg and ginger. The scent is guaranteed to give you a boost of energy, making this a great choice for a midweek pick-me-up.
What are your favorite bath products? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.