Natural light is a major desire for every room in the home, especially the bathroom. And if you’re lucky enough to have a window in your tiny li’l loo, then utilizing that space in a pretty and functional way is just the fix your powder room needs. Whether you choose to channel our Homemakers (out March 3!) spirit and DIY your way to a fabulous bathroom window, or simply buy a new life-changing curtain, these 9 window tips and tricks will take your bathroom to the next level.
1. Bright Paint: Bright, natural light definitely allows for a large paint selection. In the mood for some bright purple walls? Go for it. (via Four Generations One Roof)
2. Frosted Glass: Some people don’t have the luxury of looking out of their bathroom window onto the ocean. If you’re concerned about privacy, frost the glass so you can keep the light. (via Design Sponge)
3. Bold Patterns: Bring on the patterns! It’s much easier to pull off those bold stripes and florals in a small bathroom when you have natural light to help illuminate the space. (via Redbook)
4. Bright Wallpaper: Speaking of patterns, all that sunlight is totally daring you to cover your bathroom walls with it. (via Knight Moves)
5. Pure White: Lots of people paint their loo plain ol’ white. But when you’ve got a window to brighten things up, a colorful shower curtain will add just the right amount of pop. (via Better Homes and Gardens)
6. Colorful Tile: Is there anything more cheery than this sunshine-y bathroom? We wouldn’t mind taking a bath in there. (via Digs Digs)
7. Matchy-Matchy: Making your walls, curtains and towels all match in your tiny powder room can really help your window enhance the size of the room. (via Digs Digs)
8. Old and New: Shedding some light on old pieces mixed with new modern ones can help give your bathroom a style all its own. (via Apartment Therapy)
9. Greenery: Adding houseplants helps bring a homey feel to any room, so suit up your bathroom window with some green. (via Apartment Therapy)
Do you have a bathroom window? How do you make it really shine? Tell us below!