Think about your bathroom as it is right now. How would you describe it? Bland, basic, boring even? We’re about to change that with these 12 creative curtains to spice up your shower. We have a few you can buy and a few more you can DIY. What’s the one thing they all have in common? They’ll make your make your home a bit more creative. Take a look and be sure to tell us your favorite in the comments!
1. Ty DIY Shower Curtain ($33): Not only do you get to doodle on this shower curtain, but it’s also one of the most eco-friendly options out there. It’s made of #2 plastic, which doesn’t off gas like vinyl. Plus, it’s completely recyclable.
3. Sail Cloth Inspired Shower Curtain: We’re on board with this copycat DIY. Instead spending on actual sail cloth, which gets pricey, this just mimics the design on a white cotton curtain. The only drawback? This version will still require a liner. (via Thistlewood Farms)
4. Shower Tunes ($40): This is one of our favorite tech accessories that we’ve shown recently. Not only can you listen to your tunes in the shower, you can also watch videos, text, and download apps. Talk about multitasking! Read our full review here.
5. The Social Shower Curtain ($24): If you don’t want to actually do your social networking in the shower, go for this profile page curtain. It definitely gave us a chuckle.
6. White Plus: Would you guess that this minimalist DIY curtain is actually made from a bed sheet? That’s why it’s long enough to almost brush the floor. And the white plus is made of terry cloth hand towels. Great repurposing! (via The Wicker House)
7. Roller Shade Shower Curtain ($134): If you think the shower curtain is always getting in the way, this is the solution for you. Just like a window shade, this curtain rolls up completely into the holder on the ceiling. Just don’t roll it up before it’s completely dry! (image via Craziest Gadgets)
8. Knitted Throw Shower Curtain: Okay, we’ve seen bed sheets, now how about blankets? These cozy curtains are made from inexpensive cabled throws from IKEA. Genius! Just be prepared to love your grommet tools. (via Lynne Knowlton)
9. Periodic Table ($30): This might cause flashbacks to chem class, but you’ll feel smarter every time you shower with this colorful curtain. We’ll be gifting these to any high schoolers we know.
11. Maytex Mesh Pockets Shower Curtain ($24): If you don’t have a lot of storage space in your bathroom opt for this liner that integrates mesh pockets to stash all your stuff.
12. Map & Transit Map Shower Curtains ($29 each): Just moved to a new city? Learn the geography and the public transportation system with these map shower curtains. You can study while you scrub.
BONUS! Branch Shower Curtain Hooks: Currently going into production, these shower curtain rings fall into the “why didn’t we think of that” category. Not only are they beautifully designed, but they have additional hooks that can be put on the inside or outside of the curtain to hang your stuff. Genius! (via Quirky)
Do you have a quirky or creative shower curtain? Tell us about it in the comments!