11 Easy Hairdos That Are Ready for the Beach
Whether you're heading out with bae on a beachy road trip or meeting up with your fam on the coast, there's one thing you need to consider: your hair! Finding a beach-ready hairstyle that works with your texture, stands up to humidity and is super stylish is no easy feat. From wind-blown waves to boho braids, we've handpicked 11 beach babe-worthy hairstyles that are sure to turn heads while you're soaking up the sun. Embrace your inner Cali girl and make this your sexiest season yet!
1. Sky-High Bubble Pony: Who says you can't look totally chic while getting your tan on? Make an entrance and keep your locks in check with a ponytail that's as edgy as it is cool. (via Kimson Doan/Unsplash)
2. Summertime Spirals: All you curl-istas out there, listen up! Unleash those radiant spirals and rock an easy-breezy style, just like fashion blogger and actress Ashley Madekwe does. To help fight humidity, add a touch of moisturizing leave-in cream to your hair before stepping out into the sun. (via Ring My Bell)
3. Half-Up Top Knot: We can always count on fashionista Courtney Kerr to give us some major hair inspiration. This half-back top knot with chin-length waves gives off a California-cool vibe and gets sexier in the salty summer air. (via The Courtney Kerr)
4. Dutch Braids + Low Ponies: An envy-worthy bikini? Check. A hairstyle that will withstand the heat and humidity? Check! You'll be shore-bound in no time with this double Dutch-braided 'do that cascades into two low-tousled ponytails. We're obsessed! (via Tripping With My BFF)
7. Shoulder-Length Waves: Spice up your bob (or lob!) with effortless waves that are perfect for the sun, sand and salt water. Use a medium-sized curling iron and a touch of sea salt spray to create this extra-sexy hairstyle. (via Lauren Conrad)
8. Low Twist Pony: Amp up a plain ponytail by adding a few twists and turns that will bring your sun-kissed strands (and bronzed skin!) to life. Whether you're sipping cocktails in the sand or playing a little oceanfront volleyball, this carefree style is a foolproof way to look flawless. (via Lulu's)
9. Vertical Waterfall Braid: Show off your luscious locks and still keep your hair away from your face with this romantic and relaxed mane. If you have straight hair and want some added volume, use a curling iron to create loose ringlets or spritz your strands with sea salt spray for a naturally wavy finish. (via Hair Romance)
11. Messy Knotted Ponytail: Don't waste away a gorgeous summer day worrying about how your hair looks. Instead, relax under the sun with this textured, knotted ponytail and rest easy knowing your tresses will be the envy of the beach. (via The Beauty Department)
What's your fave summer hairstyle to rock at the beach? Let us know @BritandCo!
This post has been updated.
- 10 Ways to Actually Make Your Hair Grow - Brit + Co ›
- 15 Old School Hair Hacks That Still Make Waves in 2017 - Brit + Co ›
- 14 Women Reveal Their Most Traumatic + Hilarious Hair Stories ... ›
- 16 Ways to Fight Frizzy Hair - Brit + Co ›
- This Is What Your Hair Is Telling You About Your Health - Brit + Co ›