Whether you’re heading out on a tropical vacay or meeting up with friends at the shore, there’s one thing you need to consider: your hair! Finding a beach-ready hairstyle that works with your texture, stands up to humidity and is super stylish is no easy feat. From wind-blown waves to boho braids, we’ve handpicked 14 beach babe-worthy hairstyles that are sure to turn heads while you’re soaking up the sun. Embrace your inner Cali girl and make this your sexiest season yet!
1. Sky-High Pony: Who says you can’t look totally chic while getting your tan on? Make an entrance and keep your locks in check with a smooth ponytail that features casually stylish, wind-blown waves. (via Kier Couture)
2. Summertime Spirals: All you curl-istas out there, listen up! Unleash those radiant spirals and rock an easy-breezy style, just like fashion blogger and actress Ashley Madekwe does. To help fight humidity, add a touch of moisturizing leave-in cream to your hair before stepping out into the sun. (via Ring My Bell)
3. Half-Up Top Knot: We can always count on fashionista Courtney Kerr to give us some major hair inspiration. This half-back top knot with chin-length waves gives off a California-cool vibe and gets sexier in the salty summer air. (via The Courtney Kerr)
4. Beach Braids + Low Pony: An envy-worthy bikini? Check. Fab sunglasses? Check. A hairstyle that will withstand the heat and humidity? Check! You’ll be shore-bound in no time with this double French-braided ‘do that cascades into a low-tousled ponytail. We’re obsessed! (via Hello Gorgeous)
5. Voluminous Upsweep + Summer Scarf: Add some sunny style to your bodacious coils with a chic, lightweight scarf that doubles as a headwrap. Not only will it hold your hair in place, it will also keep frizz and flyaways at bay. (via Addicted 2 Etsy)
6. Tousled Pigtail Knots: Give your strands some old school flair with this cute style that’ll keep you cool in the hot sun. An added bonus? These pigtails look ah-mazing paired with a fashionable fedora. (via Color Me Courtney)
7. Shoulder-Length Waves: Spice up your bob (or lob!) with effortless waves that are perfect for the sun, sand and salt water. Use a medium-sized curling iron and a touch of pomade to create this extra-sexy hairstyle. (via The Glamourai)
8. Low Twist Pony: Amp up a plain ponytail by adding a few twists and turns that will bring your sun-kissed strands (and bronzed skin!) to life. Whether you’re sipping cocktails in the sand or playing a little oceanfront volleyball, this carefree style is a foolproof way to look flawless. (via Irrelephant Blog)
9. Natural Curls: Just because you’re headed to the ocean doesn’t mean you need to tame your curls. Bring your natural beauty to the beach with bold and bodacious spirals that just won’t quit. (via Mercredie)
10. Vertical Waterfall Braid: Show off your luscious locks and still keep your hair away from your face with this romantic and relaxed mane. If you have straight hair and want some added volume, use a curling iron to create loose ringlets or spritz your strands with sea salt spray for a naturally wavy finish. (via Hair Romance)
12. Sideswept Ringlets + Low Bun: From a daytime beach BBQ to an evening seaside soirée, this curly-haired silhouette is simply chic and totally versatile. Oh yeah, it’s easy to create too. (via Girl With Curves)
14. Messy Knotted Ponytail: Don’t waste away a gorgeous summer day worrying about how your hair looks. Instead, relax under the sun with this textured, knotted ponytail and rest easy knowing your tresses will be the envy of the beach. (via The Beauty Department)
What’s your fave summer hairstyle to rock at the beach? Let us know in the comments or tweet us at @BritandCo.