10 Genius Beauty Products to Keep at Your Desk
The nine-to-five grind can throw a lot of unexpected things your way, such as last-minute meeting invites or impractical need-this-right-now deadlines, all while you’re trying to find that perfect work/life balance. But one thing you can always keep on lockdown is looking like a total pro, even if you’re secretly faking it ’til you make it. Stash these beauty must-haves at your desk to handle quick touch-ups and work-to-weekend transitions like a boss. Plus, they’ll come in handy when it’s time for that perfect professional headshot. Scroll below for all the best beauty to keep desk-side.
1. Glossier Generation G Matte Lipstick ($18): If Glossier proclaimed it, then it must be true — they totally reinvented lipstick. This lippy glides on like butter and offers a dose of diffused matte color. The nude shade (Cake) is totally forgiving if you’re in a no-time-for-a-mirror-check rush. Keep a brighter shade (like Crush) on deck for when you go from desk to date night.
2. Drybar Lil’ Lemon Drop Detangler Brush ($10): So small! So cute! And believe it or not, so effective! This little wonder is definitely tough enough to tackle tangled tresses. Helpful hack: Hit the bristles with a blast of shine spray and run it through your strands for a glossy finish.
3. Milk Makeup X UO Roll + Blot Paper ($10): If you have oily skin, these little sheets are your new secret weapon. Blot them like a boss — ahem, we mean #girlboss — to soak up any unwanted shine. We recommend cutting or tearing them in half to get more bang for your buck.
4. Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Mist ($48): Girls with dryer skin types, this one’s for you. This hydrating mist is your one-stop pick-me-up. Just a couple of spritzes can perk up thirsty skin, or you can mist liberally to reactivate your makeup before happy hour.
5. It’s a 10 Silk Express Miracle Silk Smoothing Balm ($20): There’s nothing more frustrating than leaving the house with perfectly styled hair, walking to your office and sitting down, only to realize that unruly frizz has hijacked your look. Don’t stress, because this silky treatment glides through your mane to smooth stray hairs away. Pump once into the palm of your hand and then run it through your strands from the mid-shaft down to the ends.
6. Kat Von D Lock-It Concealer Crème ($26): Sometimes the hardest thing to stand up to in the workplace isn’t a Devil Wears Prada kind of boss — it’s fluorescent lighting. Those harsh lights can melt your perfectly applied makeup into a hot mess. Opt for a concealer that’s practically bullet-proof. We love the staying power of this formula, and its tapered applicator is great for the occasional midday touch-up.
7. Kate Spade New York Holly Drive Compact Mirror ($30): Every desk could use a bit of glam, and this compact might as well be the gold standard. Instead of tucking this little beauty away in your desk drawer, let it shine on your desktop. The engraved mantra will remind you to work hard and play harder.
8. Byredo Gypsy Water Roll-On Eau de Parfum ($78): What better motivation to get work done than to keep a fragrance that reminds us of a vacation at our desk? This roll-on offers a sweet escape and requires zero of your PTO days. Since scent is highly tied to memory, a getaway-friendly fragrance can put you at ease and help you chill out when the emails won’t stop coming.
9. Target Tweezerman 3-Pack Neon Nail Files ($5): Totally in the zone despite a hectic day? Then don’t let an unexpected broken nail cramp your typing style. Stash a nail file in your desk so you can even out a rough edge right away and keep it from snagging on clothes or interrupting your workflow.
10. BAGGU Medium 3D Zip Pouch ($10): This cute cosmetic bag is proof that a little leopard can make everything better — even meeting-filled Mondays. Stash travel-sized versions of your fave products in this bag and keep it in your desk drawer so you’re never without your go-tos.
Looking for more beauty faves? Follow us on our Pinterest.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Our undergarments might have taken a backseat in 2020, but with a new year upon us, we're feeling inspired to reprioritize our most intimate clothing layer — especially in time for Valentine's Day. Because hey, what better way to kickstart a season of self-love than by treating yourself to a confidence-boosting set of lingerie?
We turned to trusted intimates brand Adore Me to set us straight on trends for the year ahead, featuring size-inclusive bodysuits, romantic bustiers, lacy babydoll styles, and everything in between. Luxe sets start at $24.95 with free shipping and exchanges, and if you're not sure what style would work best for you, Adore Me has an at-home styling service called the Elite Box. You can try everything on from the comfort and safety of your home, keep what you love, and send back the rest totally hassle-free. Need more to pique your interest? Scroll ahead to see the silky lingerie and loungewear pieces we're adding to our cart.
Adore Me Svana Contour Set ($24.95): You can't go wrong with this playful satin cherry print and lace design.
Adore Me Luana Camisole & Short Set ($24.95): It was about time for a PJ upgrade, and this silky set is perfect for sweet dreamin' and lounging around the house.
Adore Me Gynger Unlined Set ($24.95): Va-va-voom! Hands-down the sexiest piece in the collection, this bra boasts a fiery red bow and skin-showing cups — literally confidence in a bra!
Adore Me Evetta Unlined Set ($24.95): This barely-there flouncy lace set is for when you'd almost rather wear nothing at all.
Adore Me Desirae Robe ($24.95): Take your self-care to the next level with this so-soft robe with subtle lace detailing.
Adore Me Clarisse Unlined Bodysuit ($24.95): This floral lace bodysuit with adjustable attached garters is straight out of our lingerie fantasy.
Adore Me Charlize Unlined Set ($24.95): If plum is more your power color, you'll love this sheer lace set.
Adore Me Helene Cheeky Plus (5 for $20): Our underwear drawer needs a little TLC too, and these comfy undies with coverage are the answer.
Adore Me Kaia Contour Plus Set ($24.95): Cutouts are all the rage, so why not have them in your underwear too?
Adore Me Kaia Contour Set ($24.95): Oh, and it comes in fire engine red — yes, please!
Adore Me Clarisse Bodysuit ($24.95): If you weren't sure about bodysuits, let this classic style change your mind.
Adore Me Corina Push Up Bustier ($24.95): Like more volume in the cleavage area? This sexy corset situation is for you.