When you think about a juicy burger, chances are you’re thinking of one that’s made with beef. But while there’s a time and place for those juicy gourmet burgers, sometimes you want something a little different. Luckily, you can make a patty out of so many different things. Veggie options are perfect for those who don’t eat meat, and sushi burgers are a fun way to experiment with your favorite form of food. These 15 recipes may not be made with beef, but we guarantee they’ll hit the spot when your craving strikes.
1. Crispy Chicken Burgers With Parmesan Slaw and Spicy Mayo: Chickpea flour, Parmesan, and almonds are the secrets to getting an extra-crispy coating on these chicken burgers. There’s Parmesan in the slaw on top too, for even more of that nutty, savory flavor. (via The Healthy Hunter)
2. Chipotle Ranch Chicken Burgers: Creamy ranch gets a kick from chipotle in this recipe. It makes a sauce that tops juicy chicken burgers along with avocado and sprouts for a fun Paleo, Whole30-compliant meal. (via Paleo Running Momma)
3. Sesame Crusted Salmon Burgers: You’d be hard pressed to find a beef burger as interesting as this sesame-crusted salmon version. It’s topped with an avocado and tangy cabbage slaw for a colorful, tasty sandwich. (via Coffee and Crayons)
4. Sweet Potato Burgers With Avocado-Lime Sauce: Veggie burgers get a lot of flack, but when they’re made from scratch, they’re just as satisfying as the real thing. These hearty burgers are made from sweet potato and millet. (via Hello Glow)
5. 7-ingredient Green Monster Veggie Burger: These veggie burgers don’t hide the fact that they’re packed with green goodness. They’re a fun way to get in some extra nutrients while still indulging in a burger. (via Kiipfit)
7. Mediterranean Salmon Burgers: Skip the buns and serve these Mediterranean salmon burgers on multigrain flatbreads instead. Add in tomatoes, olives, and tzatziki for a fresh and healthful meal. (via The Mediterranean Dish)
8. Thai Lentil Burgers: It’s easy to experiment with new flavors in your burger when you don’t have to worry about dry, overcooked beef. Lentils are the perfect canvas for exploring new flavors, like in these Thai-inspired veggie burgers made from red curry paste. (via Happy Herbivore)
9. Spicy Sweet Chili Turkey Burgers: Lean ground turkey makes for a healthy burger that everyone will enjoy. Pair it with spicy-sweet chili sauce to add contrast to the turkey’s mild flavor. (via The Life Jolie)
10. Easy Salmon Herb Burgers: The fresh dill and mint in these salmon burgers give them big flavor and a lovely, verdant look. Pair with smooth hummus for a lighter take on the fish cake. (via Shoot the Cook)
11. Basic Quinoa Burgers: Think of these simple quinoa burgers as a blank canvas. Once you’ve mastered the basic recipe, you can include all sorts of flavors to make them your own. (via Exploring Healthy Foods)
12. Pesto Turkey Burgers: Sometimes the easiest way to make a memorable burger is to switch up your condiments. These turkey burgers use pesto instead of ketchup, then add a slice of grilled sweet potato to the bun for good measure. (via Get Inspired Everyday)
13. Chicken Caesar Salad Burgers: Never grapple between the choice of a burger or a salad again. These chicken Caesar salad burgers will satisfy both of your cravings at once. (via Cooking Is My Therapy)
14. Caprese Turkey Burgers: When you want something lighter than a traditional beef burger, turkey Caprese burgers are the answer. They’re topped with a balsamic-basil mayo you’ll want to add to everything. (via The Culinary Compass)
15. Crispy Tofu Burgers With Pea and Caper Mayo: The tofu in these burgers is juicy on the inside, crispy on the outside. What really gives them their flavor is a lemony green pea and caper mayo that’s tangy, sweet, and perfectly creamy. (via Quite Good Food)
For more ways to make dinner more interesting follow us on Pinterest.