20 Verrry Punny Halloween Costumes to Rock This Year
As Halloween begins to loom nearer, we’re already thinking about what we’re going to dress up as this year. And guys, there are some really great options so far. You and your friends could go as the cast of Inside Out or maybe as the ladies from Orange Is the New Black. But if you’re looking for a costume that is going to get you all the LOLZ (or should we say hahas), you should definitely consider trying one of these hilariously punny costumes.
1. Animal Cookie: If this is baby’s first Halloween, use the opportunity for some serious punning! Have one parent dress as an animal, another as a cookie and dress up your baby as a super colorful animal cookie! For the full DIY, head over to this blogger’s site. (via A Joyful Riot)
3. Sixteen Candles: Head to the thrift store and pick out the most ’80s dress you can find. Then cover it with 16 moderately sized candles (or fake candles if you’re going to a Halloween bonfire). Snag this particular dress here.
14. Deviled Egg ($50): We’re all for the DIY costumes, but if you find yourself in a pinch, here’s one of the best buy-able options.
17. North West: If you’re a major Kimye fan, here’s a fun way to embrace the family. Make a giant compass necklace and place one celeb’s head on north and one on west and voila! Off to the party you go.
18. Breakfast In Bed: This couples’ costume is sure to get all the laughs at this year’s Halloween party. Have one person dress up like Will Ferrell and have the other throw on this easy pancake costume. (Photo via USA Today)
Did you dress up as a pun costume last year? Tell us what it was in the comments below.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)