While celebs often rely on their glam squads to get them red carpet-ready, that doesn’t mean they’re only using top-shelf beauty buys. In fact, some of our most beloved stars turn to the more budget-conscious of makeup and skin care for their everyday and special occasion looks. Read on for 12 celeb-approved drugstore beauty staples.
1. Jamie Chung: The What the Chung? blogger relies on drugstore staple brand Cetaphil to care for her sensitive skin as gently as possible. And she’s not alone: Olivia Wilde and Charlize Theron also swear by Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser Lotion ($9) for their daily skincare.
2. Kim Kardashian: The Keeping Up With the Kardashians star revealed on her Snapchat that she’s “obsessed” with the Italian-made KIKO Milano Pure Clean Scrub & Peel Wipes ($9). The textured side of the wipe is soaked in an exfoliating solution of alpha hydroxy acids that ditches dead skin cells, while the other side cools and softens.
3. Gigi Hadid: To cover up any imperfections that might appear in her luminous complexion, the model (and Maybelline spokesperson) told Into the Gloss, “If I have blemishes I use Maybelline New York Super Stay 24 Hour Concealer ($8), which I bought at the drug store a few years ago.”
4. Olivia Munn: “I prefer cream blush over powder because it looks so much more natural,” Munn told Byrdie. One of her go-tos: Revlon Photoready Cream Blush ($13), which goes on like powder for a light, shimmery glow or a bold, rosy cheek.
5. Janelle Monae: The Hidden Figures star banks on CoverGirl eyeshadow’s color-popping pigment to give her peepers some sparkle. We love the eight-hue collection in the new CoverGirl TruNaked Jewels Eyeshadow Palette ($12), with shimmer and matte shades for days.
6. Kylie Jenner: Slay all day and into the night with a pair of these self-applied falsies, adored by Kylie Jenner. Kiss Lash Couture Faux Mink Collection ($6) will bring It-girl glory to your lashes with some seriously glam drama.
7. Anna Kendrick: Our favorite Barden Bella revealed to Total Beauty that Burt’s Bee’s Tinted Lip Balm ($5) — and its natural wax and shea butter formula — is the one beauty product she can’t live without. The stick also imparts a sheer tint for a pretty-in-pink pucker that won’t dry out.
8. Mandy Moore: The This Is Us actress is among the many beauty-lovers singing the praises of the NYX Cosmetics Chunky Dunk Hydrating Lippie ($6). The crayon-like lip color never needs to be sharpened and flaunts a satiny-smooth finish that we straight-up adore.
9. Kendall Jenner:Finesse Restore + Strengthen Moisturizing Shampoo ($3) is a fave of Kendall Jenner and her big sis, Kim Kardashian. As the model told Allure,“Kim likes Finesse shampoo, and now so do I. I’ve tried all the expensive things, too. It just works for my hair and makes it so silky.” If this $3 product is truly the secret behind their impossibly glossy locks, every fashion-forward gal should rejoice (and buy 50 bottles).
10. Jessica Alba: The actress, mom, and Honest Company co-founder doesn’t have time to deal with sopping wet strands first thing in the morning. She wraps her tresses in The Original Turbie Twist Super-Absorbent Hair Towel ($10), a micro-fiber hair wrap that will dry your hair and hold it back while you tend to your #girlboss duties.
11. Victoria Beckham: The fashion mogul ensures max skin hydration by slathering on Weleda Skin Food Skin Cream ($13) — a go-to product of other celebrities we love, including Alexa Chung and Adele. This certified eco-friendly beauty buy opts for pansy, calendula, and rosemary extracts over icky chemicals, making it a *must-have* for every #greengoddess.
12. Lupita Nyong’o: The Queen of Katwe actress keeps her luminous skin looking fab with nutrient-dense Now Foods Avocado Oil ($7), telling Harper’s Bazaar, “At first I was using avocado oil just on my body but then I realized it works on my face, and my hair, too, for that matter. It’s a one-stop-shop.” The superfood, dubbed the new coconut oil of the green beauty scene, boasts an array of must-have properties: It’s a natural SPF and moisturizer, is chock-full of anti-aging and anti-inflammatory gems, and is known for its acne-fighting properties too.
Which of these celebrity-approved drugstore beauty finds would you try? Tell us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.