19 Dreamiest Outdoor Spaces on Instagram This Month
Whether you have a tiny urban balcony or a full backyard, Instagram is full of proof that you don’t need a lot of space to have the dreamiest outdoor space ever. You just have to think outside the box, and craft a getaway that will have you soaking up the rays in style. With weekends getting warmer, it’s time to tackle your porch or patio with a few easy decor changes that can take your backyard from scary to party-worthy. Obviously, the first place to look for decor inspo is Instagram, so here are 19 outdoor spaces to inspire your own. Scroll down for some seriously dreamy gardens that are killing the #summerlyfe scene.
1. Rustic Boho: You’ll elevate your backyard decor game big time with this rustic boho-chic look. Layer the rugs and then add comfy white cushions, geometric throw pillows and gold lanterns to tie the whole look together. A getaway in the privacy of your own home? Perfect.
2. Outdoor Tub: This is definitely one to save to your “dream house” Pinterest board. You’ve got to adore the simplicity of this outdoor bathroom. All it takes is a clawfoot tub and a tray of candles to create the most romantic bubble bath ever.
3. PatioLounge: The best way to get ready for those warmer months is with some seriously comfy outdoor lounge furniture. To get this look, set up several seating areas with woven lounge chairs floor pillows. Pro-tip: Keep a tray on hand for holding drinks and snacks upright during relaxation time.
4. Hammock: You can brighten up any yard — even a teeny, tiny one — with a pretty hammock . It’s basically the best place to burn through that pile of summer reading material. Just make sure you have suntan lotion on hand in case you fall asleep.
5. Neutral Patio: When the weather isn’t quite warm enough for sunbathing, cuddling up outside in a blanket is always the answer. Snag this monochromatic and boho-chic look by painting your porch white. Stick to a white cushion and neutral hammock chair with a patterned throw.
6. Potted Plants: If you don’t have a full garden in your backyard, surround yourself with potted herbs, succulents and cacti for an adorable plant station. Store outdoor cushions underneath the stand for a cozy seating area.
7. Wicker Furniture: DIY this gorgeous outdoor setup with a wicker settee, lots of pillows and a cozy throw blanket. Recreate the urban jungle vibe by layering plants and potting them at different heights. You can even prop a wire grid up against the fence and hang mini planters, or let vines creep up and give you more privacy.
8. Painted Patio: Talk about patio porn! This paint job was definitely a labor of love — but so worth it. A painted wood floor is just the photo backdrop your summer sandals have been craving, especially when paired with brightly colored yard furniture and potted flowers.
9. Patterned Rug: If you make only one upgrade to your outdoor space this season, let it be a really great area rug. Preferably one covered in pink flamingos. Carry out the theme with a bench covered in a couple of throw pillows and a potted plant.
10. Bold Color: It all comes down to the details when making over your outdoor space. Even something like a bold paint color can seriously elevate your furniture. Opt for a bright accent color, like these green tables, to upgrade your wood furniture.
11. Tropical Patio: You don’t need a backyard to hang a hammock and spend the sunny afternoons swinging in bliss. Play with textures in your outdoor space by mixing in woven rugs, bamboo chairs and colorful pillows. Don’t forget the waterproof speakers with your summer playlist!
12. Tiny Outdoor Space: This coastal snap proves you don’t need a whole backyard to create something Insta-worthy. Mounting a rack of hooks right onto the back of the house is a brilliant way to let towels dry and keep your beach tote handy. Set up an umbrella over a picnic table so you can host afternoon parties without getting sunburned.
13. Bohemian: Do you embrace more of a boho style? Create a look similar to this one with cushy floor pillows and patterned textiles. A dresser outside comes in handy for storing your yoga mat or outdoor candles, and the hanging planter acts as the perfect finishing touch for a laid-back space.
14. Modern Garden: Not all backyards have to be overflowing with color. The gray chair and rug add texture, while the wood accents give the space a natural touch. Add hanging plants, a table for drinks and a couple of candles to complete this garden oasis.
15. Grecian Garden: This dreamy coastline reading nook is the stuff daydreams are made of. To get the look of this pretty space without, you know, flying to Greece, stick to an all white paint job and pile up lots of pillows to lean against. Grab a book, a glass of wine and relax the day away!
16. Tropical Vibes: Wouldn’t you just love to find this hidden corner tucked away in your backyard? Get the same tropical vibes with big potted palms and bursts of bold blue color. Add a patterned rug and two side tables to create a truly magical spot.
17. Cabin Chic: If you’re all about that cabin-chic, than this rustic design was made for you. Spray paint a wicker couch a glossy black to clean up the design. Add colorful seat cushions and layered side tables for a backyard that demands attention.
18. Patio Lights: Twinkling lights make any backyard seem magical, and even though this patio is tight on space, the cafe table + bench combo comes together to create a Pinterest-perfect outdoor dining area. You can easily recreate this look by laying a brightly colored rug and pulling different seating options around your main table. String white lights against the fence for a perfect summer party atmosphere.
19. Color Block: You don’t need a huge outdoor space to make a statement. Create a bold, color-blocked look by painting your porch black and the fence white, then pair with natural clay pots and lush plants for a space. Finish off the space with piles of striped pillows, and add a touch of drama with a collection of gilded mirrors.
Are you looking for more beautiful outdoor decor ideas? Follow us on Pinterest for more inspo!