Confession time: One of our favorite parts of going to the gym is picking out the perfect outfit. When it comes to workout clothes, you want clothing that flatters your figure, moves without pinching and makes you feel stylish and pulled together after dragging yourself out of bed. Colorful, comfy and super chic, these 17 fitness brands are sure to have you looking forward to your next workout.
1. Fabletics: Kate Hudson wanted a pair of affordable leggings that you could wear to work out or throw some boots on and go out in. With this collection of shorts, sports bras and leggings (all under $100), this longtime fitness fanatic is hoping to inspire healthy living around the world, one sexy outfit at a time.
2. Topshop and Beyoncé: Beyoncé is launching an activewear label with Topshop, which will include clothing, footwear and accessories across all fitness categories. While her athletic streetwear brand isn’t named yet, you can be sure we’ll be first in line when it comes out in 2015.
3. Lolë: Whether you’re a runner, cyclist, barre enthusiast or yogi, Lolë has the perfect outfit for you. A Canadian-based women’s wear company specializing in modern, stylish and casual style, their clothes are designed with active and passionate women in mind, aka women who Live Out Loud Everyday (LOLE, get it?).
4. Alo: Once you slip into anything by Alo, you’re not gonna want to take it off. The soft fabrics are made with yoga practice in mind, and we love that the company exercises eco-friendly practices with lines made from environmentally-friendly materials.
5. Body Language Sportswear: If you’re looking for some crazy galaxy leggings to inspire you to greatness, these guys have you covered. They’ve also got some beautiful basics to complement those crazy patterned pieces.
6. Lorna Jane: Hailing from Australia, Lorna Jane aims to offer sporty, sexy and stylish designs for every woman. Their world famous Core Stability range has hidden power-mesh panels in the thigh and stomach areas to streamline your silhouette and add hidden pockets.
7. Zobha: Whether you’re heading to Pilates or yoga or hitting up a high-intensity class, Zobha has great options for your workout needs. The material is tight in all the right places, so there’s no riding up or sneaky bits falling out.
8. Solow: Soft and comfortable, you can wear these clothes all week long and they’ll never stretch out on you. Their clothes are so versatile, we bet you’ll be wearing them even when you’re not at the gym.
9. Moving Comfort: Their mission statement is simple: “add a lift to every woman’s workout.” We’re all about that lift.
10. Oiselle: Runners, this one is for you. No matter how many miles you’re racing, your clothes will continue to look as stylish as the first time you slipped them on.
12. MPG: You’ll end up feeling so great in all of MPG’s clothing that you’ll actually want to work out, no questions asked.
13. Calia: Carrie Underwood may not be the first person you think of when you picture fitness, but her stylish fitness line is full of pretty pieces we need in our wardrobe asap. And by that, we mean March 5, when the line is released.
15. Lucy: Designed by women who were tired of boring styles that copied men’s fitness apparel, Lucy is full of high-performance gear created specifically with women’s needs in mind.
What do you look for in workout clothes? Comfort or color? Talk to us in the comments below!