The Best YouTube Workouts for Killer Shoulders
In case you haven’t heard, strong is the new sexy. And nothing says strong like powerful shoulders. We know you’ve got it all figured out when it comes to at-home yoga YouTube workouts, quick total body exercises and HIIT workouts, but what about a go-to shoulder routine that doesn’t require a gym membership or a fully stocked weight room? As you’re about to find out, it’s totally possible. We hit up YouTube for the five best shoulder-ripping workouts that require little (or even zero) equipment.
1. Five-Minute Workout for Sexy Shoulders: There’s nothing worse than doing a ton of reps every day and not seeing results because you find out too late that your technique is all wrong. Autumn put together a super quick two-minute breakdown of these exercise techniques that’ll maximize your five minutes working those shoulders. Then grab your five-pound weights and feel stronger and more toned in no time after adding this video into your routine. (via Autumn Calabrese)
2. Shoulder Workout: This basic series is a moderately challenging introduction to a variety of shoulder moves like lateral raises, scarecrows and overhead presses. You can enhance some of these exercises by pairing your hand weights with a yoga ball, but it’s not required. And neither is having that gorgeous rooftop view. (Although if you do have one, we’re jealous.) (via XHIT Daily)
3. Jillian Michaels: Arms and Shoulders Workout: If you thought a Jillian Michaels workout for arms and shoulders would actually just be about arms and shoulders, you obviously don’t know Jillian Michaels. She’s one of the biggest and most hardcore celebrity trainers out there, and a huge proponent of mixing in cardio with every workout. This one’s no exception, so even though it’s only three-and-a-half minutes long, you’ll definitely feel the burn pretty quickly. (via BeFiT)
4. 15-Minute Yoga for Chest and Shoulders: The only equipment you need for this shoulders-focused yoga workout is (obviously) a yoga mat. You’ll use your body weight to strengthen your arms and open your chest through a series of downward dog variations, planks and twisting moves. The stretching aspect of this video will feel especially good after half a week of tough dumbbell workouts (pass us the ibuprofen!) (via Yoga by Candace)
5. Pilates for Beginners: Part Five (Strong Shoulders): If you’re new to pilates, this series is a great, not-too-challenging intro. In this installment, you’ll learn how to apply the strengthening and lengthening virtues of pilates to getting lean, toned shoulders. (via The Balanced Life With Robin Long)
Love your shoulders after these workouts? Show us on Instagram and tag @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via Getty)