12 Style Blogger Tricks Worth Taking to Your Closet
Nothing makes us feel more put together than when our #OOTD is on point. But while we love a good fashion trend, sometimes it can be challenging to borrow style tips from some of our favorite famous fashionistas and incorporate them into our own everyday style. That’s why we love all those amazing style bloggers who are inspiring us with their unique looks. Whether you’re running errands, heading to work or looking to rock bold pieces without looking too trendy, take a cue from these ladies and be on your way to one stylish summer.
1. Blend in With the Environment: If you’re planning a big trip this summer, check out Aww, Sam for some swoon-worthy travel style. Her palm leaf-printed pants paired with a bright top and floppy hat are perfect for a Palm Springs vacay or tropical getaway. (via Aww, Sam)
2. Farmer’s Market Chic: Erin from Calivintage looks effortlessly styled for the farmers’ market and running errands. The key is to wear neutral, comfy basics and stick with accessories that are both fun and practical, like this bright yellow vintage tote. (via Calivintage)
3. Maternity Fashion: Rather than hiding your bump in flowy tops and stretchy leggings, show it off with form-fitting dresses like Rach from Pink Peonies. In this case, she pairs a basic black dress and denim jacket with bold accessories. (via Pink Peonies)
4. How to Look Cute in Sweatpants: When we think of sweatpants, our outfit is usually paired with a ratty t-shirt, Ben & Jerry’s and Netflix. Take a cue from Style Nanda by picking a structured pair and mixing it with simple basics (in this case, all black and white) for a look that is casually chic. (via Stylenanda)
5. Cute Work Wear: For girls with bold style, sometimes it can be hard to maintain a personal look while keeping it conservative at the office. Girl With Curves chooses a simple black and beige color palette, but makes her outfit pop with statement jewelry. (via Girl With Curves)
6. Pattern Mixing: Pattern mixing can be a little tricky, but when done well, it is a great way to create a vibrant and bold look. Find pieces with similar hues, like the blues and grays. Jamie Chung‘s glam look for Who What Wear is perfectly colorful without being over the top. (via Who What Wear)
7. Androgynous Style: If anyone has perfected androgynous style, it’s Bianca of Avant Blargh. This particular look mixes vintage and thrifted pieces in hues of brown and beige. Bianca also manages to rock a tie without looking costumey. (via Avant Blargh)
8. Make a Crop Top Professional: Yep, you read that correctly. Keep your favorite crop top conservative by layering the top over a solid color dress, like Mary from Memorandum. You could also pair it with an uber-high-waisted pencil skirt. The key is to keep from showing any skin. (via Memorandum)
10. Bright and Colorful Swimwear: Rock a neon print without overdoing it by picking one bold-colored item, and then adding small pops of the hue with your accessories and beauty routine. (via Musings of a Curvy Lady)
11. Modern Vintage Style: If you love a good vintage dress, but are not sure how to style it for everyday wear, Laura from A Beautiful Mess advises taking it easy with your makeup and accessories. This pretty pink number, plus a simple hairstyle and a smokey eye, would be perfect for a bachelorette party or cocktail night. (via A Beautiful Mess)
12. How to Wear Flatforms: Flatforms seem to be everywhere this season, but it can be hard to figure out how to incorporate them into an everyday look. Thrift and Threads pairs a bright floral vintage frock with a pair of white flatform sandals for a look that will get you through the warmest of summer days. (via Thrifts and Threads)
What are some of your favorite blogger style secrets? Let us know in the comments!