Find “A Wrinkle in Time” With This Galactic Margarita Recipe
Whether you read the 1962 sci-fi classic by Madeleine L’Engle as a kid or are just amped AF to see Oprah on the big screen, the debut of A Wrinkle in Time this week is basically one of the coolest things to happen this year. To celebrate all their hard work at the wrap party, Oprah made the cast and crew margaritas that were reportedly “the BEST.” In honor of A Wrinklein Time finally hitting the big screen and Oprah being a master margarita maker, here is a galactic blue margarita to help you do a little time traveling of your own.
Galactic Margarita REcipe
(Makes 1 margarita)
- 4 limes
- 1 1/2 ounces tequila
- 1 1/2 ounces Blue Curacao
- blue and purple sanding sugars
- 1 ounce pomegranate juice
- Set aside one slice of lime, then squeeze the rest of the limes until they are thoroughly juiced. You can do this by hand or with a juicer, if you prefer.
- Combine the lime juice, tequila, Blue Curacao, and ice, then shake until the container is cold.
- Place the sanding sugar onto a plate. Wet the rim of serving glass with slice of lime, then gently dip and twist the glass into the sanding sugar until the rim is thoroughly covered.
- Fill the serving glass with fresh ice (try a fun star shape), then strain in the chilled margarita. Add the pomegranate juice and serve immediately.
Note: If you want a frozen version, combine the lime juice, tequila, Blue Curacao, pomegranate juice, and some ice in a blender and blend until smooth. If too liquid-y, add more ice. If too icy, add more liquid.
Find this recipe and other great drinks on our Pinterest!
(Recipe and photos via Melanie Burke / Brit + Co)