21 Body Oils That Will Save Your Skin This Winter
Body oils have been the talk of the beauty world lately and it isn’t just because this is the season of weathered skin. Here’s why: Potent blends of skin-transforming botanicals are making wellness-focused beauty a reality. In fact, the nutrient-packed elixirs have shifted skincare and haircare to become an integral part of your self-care. Each blend of customized oil is like a nourishing superfood for your skin, comprised of the most skin-friendly oils on the planet — think camellia, marula, squalane, and grapeseed oils to name a few. Here are 21 body oils that soothe, repair, hydrate, detox, and firm that will blow your everyday lotion right out of the water — but FTR, layering them with your lotion seals the hydration right in.
1. French Girl Organics Travel Lumiere Body Oil ($36):This five-star blend of vegan goodness brings the glow from the City of Lights to your skin. The indie brand uses camellia and other plant-based oils to smooth, plump, highlight, and slay.
2. Bathasana Nourishing CBD Body Oil ($120): Seriously, is there anything buzzier than CBD on the planet? This natural health-promoting, anti-inflammatory emollient mixes vitamin-rich CBD with grapefruit oil and ylang-ylang. The end result? A moisture-rich serum that leaves your skin smooth in its wake.
3.Deep Sleep Night Oil ($46): We love sleep almost as much as we love taking flawless selfies. Infused with Vetivert — the so-called “oil of tranquility” — as well as aromatic lavender and chamomile, this sleep-enhancing hydrator takes care of business as you sleep.
4. Fur Ingrown Concentrate ($28): Ingrown hairs are worse than the waxing process itself and this vegan concoction is the solution. It also comes with a tiny exfoliating finger mitt to take care of post-wax maintenance.
5.Herbivore Botanicals Jasmine Body Oil ($44): The fabulous indie gem is comprised of world-class moisturizers that include jasmine sambac oil, grapeseed oil, and the antioxidant powerhouse: camellia flower oil. Without unnecessary fillers, this high-impact green beauty buy is refreshingly efficient.
6. Kiehl’s Creme de Corps Nourishing Dry Body Oil ($34): This residue-free, spray-on body oil is ace at conditioning skin to soft, supple perfection. The staple beauty brand uses active ingredients that include avocado and grapeseed oil.
7.Kora Organics Noni Glow Body Oil ($58): This glow-enhancing body oil is made of Noni Extract, rosehip, and sunflower seed oils. Check the website for testimonials on its transformative powers over dry skin.
8.Lalicious Blossom Shower Oil and Bubble Bath ($28): On days when you need a little extra pick-me-up, reach for this deliciously scented in-shower oil to cleanse, soften, and shave. The luxe buy contains sugar molecules and topical probiotics to bring optimum health to your skin (and comes in pretty packaging to boot).
9.Lani Tropical Body Treatment ($21): Green babes will love this mini-vacay-in-a-bottle. Using superfood oils like baobab and moringa, it’ll help you say goodbye to dry, rough patches for good while being transported to the tropics from home.
10.Mun No. 7 Ayour Body Toning Serum ($14): Moroccan olive oil, cucumber seed oil, and prickly pear seed oil power this stretch-mark-erasing oil-in-serum. We’re all about the way it promotes cell turnover, improving the appearance of sun damage, acne scars, and hyperpigmentation.
11.Omorovicza Gold Shimmer Oil ($80): Two words: gold particles. This luxe beauty splurge is by far the most extra on our list… but considering how the gold-flecked oil strengthens, smoothes, and glams up your bod, it was basically a shoe-in for Harper’s Bazaar’s “Best Skin Glossing Oil” award.
12. Elizabeth Dehn for One Love Organics Vitamin C Body Oil ($58): Wouldn’t you like to put facial-grade ingredients on your entire body? Rumor on the street is that this enzyme-, nutrient-, and vitamin-rich cult-favorite could go down in the beauty hall of fame.
13. Riddle Botanicals Cheeky Oil ($42): You probs didn’t know that grapefruit, geranium, lavender, and hazelnut oils detox away dreaded dimpled fat AKA cellulite. Apply this product twice per day and use the included cellulite-massaging brush to smooth away all bikini woes.
14.Rodin Luxury Body Oil ($130): Meet beauty’s “OG” luxury oil brought to us by Linda Rodin. It’s the cousin of the line’s “life-changing” facial oil, and contains 11 different plant and flower oils that are perf for the body.
Before you smirk, remember that b
reast oil has been making headlines lately. This green buy from Amareta soothes, firms, and prevents stretch marks to the “booble” area and is even safe for breast-feeding moms.
16. Shiva Rose Venus Amber Body Oil ($80): This ah-mazing oil has the love gemstone — rose quartz crystal — infused into its very blend. Named after the goddess of love, Venus, the therapeutic rose and amber oil ingredients bring you peace and tranquility naturally. (Is this the perfect Valentine’s Day gift or what?)
17.Tammy Fender Bulgarian Lavendar Body Oil ($65): Celebrity esthetician, Tammy Fender, created this top-shelf body oil that’s beloved by her many celeb clients. It stimulates collagen production, improves skin elasticity, increases oxygen flow, and calms and plumps the skin — what more can you really ask for?
18.Volition Beauty Morgina Silk Body Spray ($45): It won’t be long before every beauty editor names this silkifying spray a must-have. It’s been hailed by both Glamour and InStyle as a major up-and-coming new beauty product, with its powerful moringa-derived benefits dating back to ancient Egypt. Yes, please!
19.Weleda Wild Rose Oil ($24): Head to Target and scoop up some of this green drugstore brand’s wild rose oil. Style Casternotes that it’s perfect for layering with your lotion for the way it seals in moisture. In other words, dry skin will be a distant memory.
20.Tata Harper Revitalizing Body Oil ($95): We’re suckers for everything this luxury green beauty brand puts onto the shelves — including their top-rated body oil. It rocks long-term anti-aging benefits while immediately imparting major smoothness and hydration to your bod.
21. Gaia’s Lab Simply Revitalizing Body Oil ($43): Mixing skincare superstars, like marula and meadowfoam oils, with lesser-known champs like broccoli seed oil, this product imparts a glossy finish that’s worthy of the runway. PS: Their commitment to transparency in the beauty industry makes for in-depth product descriptions to help us study up on green beauty.
Have you tried body oils yet? Tell us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co. may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.