12 Boho DIYs to Help You Get Your May Day On
Spring flings, bunny hops, and garden parties are quickly filling up your spring event calendar, but are you ready for May Day? Get in touch with your bohemian side and celebrate the new season, ribbon in hand. This list of hosting essentials for your first-ever May Day party runs the gamut from tablescapes to party favors to candy treats too. Kick off your shoes and welcome the new month in style!
1. Feminine and Floral Tablescape: It doesn’t matter whether the meal comes before or after the dance so long as you opt for fresh flowers and linen napkins. (via Camille Styles)
2. DIY May Pole: Go all out with an actual May pole. They’re easy to make and look beautiful once completed. (via The House That Lars Built)
3. DIY Color-Blocked Chocolate Bark With Edible Flowers: Working with chocolate is easier than you’d think, and it’s a great way to try out edible flowers. Add in some edible confetti for the most over-the-top spring candy you’ve ever tasted. (via Paper & Stitch)
4. DIY Pasta Noodle Calla Lilies Cake Topper: Girl, who knew pasta was such a viable crafting material. With these dainty noodle lilies, your cake’s topper looks like it came from an expensive bakery, not your panty. (via Handmade Charlotte)
5. DIY Printable Menu Party Invites: The award for most unique party invite goes to these coloring page printable invites, which are actually the menu for the event. (via PMQ for two)
6. DIY Flower Hair Comb: A flower clip is way more manageable than a flower crown, and let’s be honest: It’s less likely to fall off your head while dancing around the maypole. (via Brit + Co)
7. DIY Floating Flower Centerpiece: These floating flowers are beautiful and tranquil. And we can’t think of a better, more May-appropriate way to celebrate the season’s best blooms. (via A Beautiful Mess)
8. Edible Flower Popsicles: Edible flowers AND elderflower AND ice pops? We’re in love — and your guests will be too. (via Chewtown)
9. DIY Birch & Flower Napkin Rings: These adorable floral and birch napkin rings will keep your cutlery and napkin together all the while looking like a piece of art. (via Crafts Unleashed)
10. DIY Edible Flower Lollipops: Looking for party favors that no one else will have? You can easily make these sweet treats for guests to grab on their way home. (via Garden Therapy)
11. DIY Hanging Flower Installation: Create a hanging work of art for your event. Faux blooms are a-okay for this, and they’ll last longer out of water too. (via Sugar & Cloth)
12. DIY Paper Luminaries: These bright and colorful paper lanters are easy to slip around a tea light. (via Minieco)
How dreamy is this party going to be? Follow us on Pinterest where we’ve got tons more inspo.
Still haven't taken up that new creative skills you swore you'd learn this year? Or ready to take your design skills to the next level? Let's say so long to the weirdest year ever by checking those big learn-something-new goals off our perpetual to-do lists.
We've teamed up with Clorox to give you the gift of unlimited creativity now through the end of the year. Once you sign up, you can take as many of our 120+ classes as you want for FREE for one whole month!
Here's how it works:
- Head to brit.co/learn and sign up for the "All Access Pass."
- Use the code "CLOROXCARES" at checkout to redeem your free month of classes.
- You will be automagically signed up for Clorox's email list once you redeem your free all access pass. (It's the #1 Choice for Disinfection!)
- Your pass lasts one month from when you checkout. This means you have unlimited access to all the classes during that month.
This offer is valid now through December 27, 2020.
Browse our catalog to find the right class for you, tell a friend and take the class together over Zoom, or organize a 'cocktails + crafts' night with a friend in your bubble so you can learn something new together.
What are you waiting for? Time to start learning all the things!
Thanks to Clorox for making this happen! When it counts, trust Clorox.