21 Boozy Ice Cream Cocktail Recipes That Will Float Your Boat
Growing up, there was nothing better during hot summer months than indulging in an ice cold root beer as it fizzed over a few scoops of our favorite ice cream. As adults, we’re more keen on laying by the pool sippin’ on our favorite frozen cocktails. Lucky for us, there are SO many creative ways to combine these two favorite warm-weather treats. If you’re craving an ice cream float (or just feeling like getting a little creative with your boozy beverages), head to your kitchen, grab a pint of ice cream and try one of these delicious drinks ASAP.
1. Boozy Buttered Rum Ice Cream Floats: This is not your typical root beer float. A little bit of salted caramel sauce and a whole lot of rum make for one tasty treat we can’t wait to indulge in. (via Style Me Pretty)
2. Raspberry Champagne Floats: Using only champagne, raspberry gelato and fresh fruit, these champagne floats are an incredibly simple and pretty treat to serve up during brunch, a bridal shower, baby shower or girl’s night in. Needless to say, we’ll be enjoying a lot of them this summer. (via Well Nesting)
5. Rhubarb Elderflower Ice Cream Floats: If you don’t like soda but are looking for something sweet, try this homemade rhubarb syrup mixed with some sparkling water and elderflower liqueur. It’s sweet and sugary without being overwhelming. (via Food Plus Words)
6. Vegan Vanilla Bean Ice Cream: Let us not forget the non-dairy drinkers out there. This vegan float is calling everyone’s name. Topped with homemade cherry bourbon and cacao nib soda, this is a treat you won’t feel too guilty about afterward. (via Bonjon Gourmet)
9. Blackberry Gin Fizz Float: Similar to an Italian soda, this drink combines vanilla ice cream with a blackberry puree, gin, lime juice, fresh mint and ginger ale, making it a refreshing float you’ll want to sip on during all of your summer parties and bridal showers. (via Brown Eyed Baker)
11. Pineapple Dole Whip Cocktail: Anyone who’s ever been to Disneyland knows that Dole Whip is the stuff that dreams are made of. Not only can you make your own at home, but you can make it in the form of a cocktail. #Puremagic (via Miranda’s Kitchen)
12. The Drunken Porter: A vanilla porter mixed with bourbon pairs oh-so well with a sweet vanilla bean ice cream or gelato (or even a coconut milk ice cream to make it vegan-friendly). (via The Rising Spoon)
14. Bourbon Vanilla: This float calls for a scoop of bourbon vanilla flavored ice cream. If you can’t find this particular flavor locally, we think adding a shot of bourbon will still do the trick. (via House Beautiful)
15. Boozy Cherry-Vanilla Ice Cream Floats: Cherry-vanilla ice cream floats are a total throwback to the ’50s diner days. This boozy version would be the ultimate sip for a retro-themed party. (via Freutcake)
17. Moscato Float: Although they are dubbed a “Valentine’s Day drink,” we think these Moscato Floats would be a great choice for a date night in or a girls’ night by the pool. Try subbing the vanilla ice cream with a fruity sorbet for an extra refreshing treat. (via The Taylor House)
20. Bourbon Orange Soda Cherry Vanilla Ice Cream Float: Sure, the name is a mouthful, but one sip of this perfectly boozy, fruity cocktail is super satisfying poolside, and even easier to prepare. (via Boulder Locavore)
21. Mimosa Floats: If you’re hosting brunch or Sunday afternoon cocktails, try adding a scoop of vanilla ice cream to your usual mimosa for a surprising and cool take on this classic cocktail. (via Julie’s Eats and Treats)
What are some of your favorite boozy summer beverages? Let us know in the comments!