The letter “B” might be our favorite when it comes to hairstyles — because buns and braids. The two styles are clutch on their own but, better yet, blend effortlessly together, whether you wear you hair high up in a messy topknot or pulled back and down. In other words, braided buns are one of those five-minute hairstyles that fit the bill for the fanciest of events. Find the right romantic Valentine’s Day hairstyle, perfect-for-work ‘do (to finally achieve that illustrious grown-up look) or style to polish your weekend sweats with these 10 easy-to-DIY braided buns.
1. Beach Bun Braid: Primping for the gym never looked so good — and practical! Designed by stylist Sarah Potempa with New York fitness blogger Evann Clingan, this strong-holding ‘do will take you straight from the office to your next cardio class. (via Popsugar)
2. Everyday Baguette Bun: Let’s be real: Not everyone has the time to perfect that perfectly tailored bun. Make things easy with a swoon-worthy five-minute hair hack that’s as simple as it is sophisticated. (via Kayley Melissa)
3. Double Dutch Braid Bun: We’re in love with the Barefoot Blonde’s new twist on the dutch braid (pun totally intended!), and apparently so is lifestyle guru Lauren Conrad. This look is perfect for those of you seeking a mane game as strong as Khaleesi’s. (via Lauren Conrad)
4. Workout Bun: As proven by the braided bun, just because you’re breaking a sweat doesn’t mean you can’t look seriously chic while doing so. Look like goddess you are at your next kickboxing class with this unshakeable ‘do. (via The Beauty Department)
5. Braided Hawk Bun: Bring a little edge to your boring old bun. This bun gets a little tricky (involving some cool colored extensions), but the results are crazy worth it! (via Confessions of a Hair Stylist)
7. Romantic Crown Bun: Look a little whimsical this Valentine’s Day with hair inspired by one our favorite leading ladies, Emily Blunt. This romantic crown bun captures a down-to-earth elegance that’s perfect for brunch with the gals or a night out on the town. (via Brit + Co)
8. Double Rope Braid Bun: Spring is coming, and for those of us ready to jump on 2016’s floral trend, why not start with your next bun? This sweet and simple rope style captures the elegance of a rose, which is super fitting for a Valentine’s Day date night. (via Luxury Hair Blog)
10. Fishtail Gibson Bun: This ‘do is all about old school meets new school with the fusion of this flawless gibson roll and the fishtail braid. Whether you’re creating this look for a wedding (possibly yours!) or having a fancy night out, this oldie but goodie is sure to turn heads. (via Brit + Co)
What tailored looks are you dying to try this year? Tweet us your faves @BritandCo.
(Featured photo via Lauren Conrad)