Is Brodo-ing the New Juicing? 10 Recipes to Warm Up With
Stocks and broth aren’t just for soups anymore. Nope, it’s all about sipping nowadays. Move over coffee and hot chocolate, we’re warming up with these 10 brodo recipes. Packed with flavor and nutrients, they’re a great way to fight off the cold (and colds) this winter. You’ll want to get in on this hot new trend, stat!
3. Pressure Cooker Bone Broth: Break out the pressure cooker to make this broth come together in a snap. Using a mix of bones (chicken, beef and pork) gives it an incomparable, layered flavor. (via Food Renegade)
4. Cold-Fighting Alkaline Broth: Make your next cold go away more quickly with this comforting remedy. (via JJ Begonia)
5. Turkey Bone Broth: Don’t just toss that Thanksgiving turkey carcass next year; use it for a fabulous bowlful of broth instead. Nowhere near November? No worries, a freshly roasted turkey leg works just as well. (via Healing and Eating)
8. Smoked Vegetable Stock: Tossing in a bit of smoked pork shoulder to your next batch of vegetarian stock adds a huge punch of flavor. It won’t be veggie-friendly, but it sure will be delicious. (via Pickled Capers)
9. Magical Mineral Broth: Make this broth the next time you’re snowed in or plan on spending the day around the house. The active prep is merely fifteen minutes, but to get a rich, velvety bowl of stock you’ll need to let it simmer for a long, long time. (via Veggies by Candlelight)
What kind of brodo would you like to sip on this season? Let’s talk in the comments.