Bon Appetit! 20 Creative Bruschetta Recipes
There’s a reason bruschetta can be found in the appetizer section of just about every Italian-restaurant menu: It’s nearly impossible to pass up grilled bread and tomatoes smothered in olive oil. This Italian favorite features a classic combination of fresh ingredients, and we’ve rounded up 20 recipes that put a new twist on the traditional hors d’oeuvre. Bon appétit!
5. Avocado Bruschetta: Go ahead: get the big bag of avocados. You’re going to need a lot of ’em to make this avocado-based bruschetta. And don’t forget the lime juice to keep them nice and green. (via Fuss Free Cooking)
6. Ricotta, Lemon, Basil and Honey Bruschetta: Light and delicious, this ricotta bruschetta may be our new midnight snack fix. All you need is a toaster and a spoon. Oh, and maybe a flashlight. (via Martha Stewart)
11. Portobello Bruschetta: How could we forget the mushroom lovers? Even if you don’t do bread, you can still get in the action. It’s easy: just mix, grill and eat! Did we mention how much we love to grill? (via Jacqueline Copeland)
17. Roasted Grapes and Thyme Bruschetta with Ricotta: Sweet, crunchy and delicious are the words that come to mind when we think about this yummy recipe. Trust us, you won’t be disappointed. (via Sacramento Street)
20. Roasted Banana and Nutella S’mores Bruschetta: Wait, Nutella bruschetta? Yup! This recipe mixes the delicious hazelnut spread with marshmallows and bananas. What’s not to love? (via Picky Palette)
What is your go-to bruschetta recipe? Tell us below!