20 Summertime Heirloom Tomato Recipes
Maybe it’s their array of colors or that every one is charmingly unique, but there’s something about heirloom tomatoes that make us uncontrollably giddy — and hungry. In the past, maybe you’ve tossed them in a panzanella salad with chunks of crusty bread, cracked pepper and fresh basil, but these colorful tomatoes have so much more to offer. Think open-faced veggie sandwiches, cheddar grits and cocktails… yes, even cocktails.
1. Heirloom Tomato Frico Cups: Don’t let their size fool you. These crispy Parmesan cups are full of flavor. They’re packed with heirlooms, red peppers, capers, parsley, lemon zest and creamy goat cheese. (via Foodie Crush)
2. Crispy Fried Heirloom Tomatoes: Fry up some colorful heirlooms, layer in fresh mozzarella and basil leaves and drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. It’s really that simple. (via The Cozy Apron)
3. Roasted Eggplant and Heirloom Tomato Open-Faced Sandwich: This hearty open-faced sandwich magically marries roasted eggplant, heirloom tomatoes and tahini. Rip up a few fresh mint leaves and sprinkle on some cracked black pepper for the finishing touch. (via Sunday Suppers)
9. Pork Carnitas With Heirloom Tomato Salsa: Whether you’re chowing down on these slow cooker pork tacos or whipping up your weekly veggie ones, don’t forget to toss on this heirloom tomato salsa, made with cabbage, radishes and red onions! (via Baked Bree)
10. Chilled Heirloom Tomato Soup: Gazpacho and summer go hand in hand, but this bowl of chilled heirloom tomato soup will make an especially great addition to any warm weather menu. Seasoned with fresh oregano and garnished with avocado oil and shaved Manchego? We might just lick the bowl clean. (via Cannelle et Vanille)
12. Heirloom Tomato Lasagna: We know. Lasagna recipes are sacred. But sub in heirloom tomatoes for the regular reds and add baby spinach, kale and chard for a nutrient-packed summer meal that won’t break with tradition too much. (via Yummy Mummy Kitchen)
13. Heirloom Tomato and Basil Frittata: Top your next frittata with heirloom tomatoes for a delicious and visually stunning dish. (And maybe be a little more generous than usual with the gruyere.) (via F for Food)
14. Smoked Cheddar Grits With Broiled Heirloom Tomatoes: Heirloom tomato toppers bring some brightness to these smoked cheddar grits served in utterly adorable mini ramekins. (via Oh My Veggies)
17. Grilled Heirloom Tomato Checca Pizza: Don’t expect leftovers when you make this grilled pita bread pizza with heirloom tomato checca and fresh mozzarella. Because let’s not kid ourselves here: We’re definitely eating the whole thing in one sitting. (via Camille Styles)
20. Muddled Heirloom Tomato Cocktail: You thought we were going Bloody Mary on this one, didn’t you? While heirloom tomato Bloody Marys are completely fabulous, we thought we’d try something a little different for our next brunch cocktail. This yellow delight is made with gin, muddled heirlooms, fresh basil, lemon juice and simple syrup. (via Smith and Ratliff)
Which of these tasty heirloom tomato recipes are you most excited to try first? Tell us in the comments below!
Our undergarments might have taken a backseat in 2020, but with a new year upon us, we're feeling inspired to reprioritize our most intimate clothing layer — especially in time for Valentine's Day. Because hey, what better way to kickstart a season of self-love than by treating yourself to a confidence-boosting set of lingerie?
We turned to trusted intimates brand Adore Me to set us straight on trends for the year ahead, featuring size-inclusive bodysuits, romantic bustiers, lacy babydoll styles, and everything in between. Luxe sets start at $24.95 with free shipping and exchanges, and if you're not sure what style would work best for you, Adore Me has an at-home styling service called the Elite Box. You can try everything on from the comfort and safety of your home, keep what you love, and send back the rest totally hassle-free. Need more to pique your interest? Scroll ahead to see the silky lingerie and loungewear pieces we're adding to our cart.
Adore Me Svana Contour Set ($24.95): You can't go wrong with this playful satin cherry print and lace design.
Adore Me Luana Camisole & Short Set ($24.95): It was about time for a PJ upgrade, and this silky set is perfect for sweet dreamin' and lounging around the house.
Adore Me Gynger Unlined Set ($24.95): Va-va-voom! Hands-down the sexiest piece in the collection, this bra boasts a fiery red bow and skin-showing cups — literally confidence in a bra!
Adore Me Evetta Unlined Set ($24.95): This barely-there flouncy lace set is for when you'd almost rather wear nothing at all.
Adore Me Desirae Robe ($24.95): Take your self-care to the next level with this so-soft robe with subtle lace detailing.
Adore Me Clarisse Unlined Bodysuit ($24.95): This floral lace bodysuit with adjustable attached garters is straight out of our lingerie fantasy.
Adore Me Charlize Unlined Set ($24.95): If plum is more your power color, you'll love this sheer lace set.
Adore Me Helene Cheeky Plus (5 for $20): Our underwear drawer needs a little TLC too, and these comfy undies with coverage are the answer.
Adore Me Kaia Contour Plus Set ($24.95): Cutouts are all the rage, so why not have them in your underwear too?
Adore Me Kaia Contour Set ($24.95): Oh, and it comes in fire engine red — yes, please!
Adore Me Clarisse Bodysuit ($24.95): If you weren't sure about bodysuits, let this classic style change your mind.
Adore Me Corina Push Up Bustier ($24.95): Like more volume in the cleavage area? This sexy corset situation is for you.