18 Crostini Creations to Serve at Every Summer Party
If you’re on the hunt for a crowd-pleasing appetizer to serve at your next summer shower or pool party, look no further than crostini. Topped with some of our favorite fruits and veggies, these scrumptious snacks are sure to satisfy guests’ cravings for fresh watermelon, corn, peaches and so much more. Pick a fave to serve at your next soiree, or let these 18 recipes (+1 bonus link!) inspire your own customized creations. Either way, they’re sure to be gone long before the summer sun dips beneath the horizon.
1. Watermelon Crostini: Who can resist snacking on juicy, refreshing watermelon during the hottest days of summer? Impress friends with these watermelon-, basil- and whipped-feta-topped crostini, then carry the theme even further by dishing up our guest-approved watermelon grilled cheese bites. (via Host the Toast)
2. Grilled Corn + Tomato Crostini: While corn on the cob will always hold a special place in our summer-loving hearts, we can’t wait to sink our teeth into these vibrant bites that showcase our fave grilled veggie, plus grape tomatoes, basil and roasted garlic goat cheese. (via How Sweet It Is)
3. Strawberry Crostini: Start your party off right with a heaping helping of strawberry and goat cheese crostini. Drizzled with homemade balsamic reduction, then garnished with basil or mint, these snacks are so spectacular that guests are guaranteed to come running back for seconds. (via Foodess)
4. Peach Crostini: Pretty as a peach, these crostini are topped with tomatoes, basil, balsamic glaze and – you guessed it – fresh peaches. Serve them in place of salad as a just-filling-enough starter dish. (via Reluctant Entertainer)
5. Pineapple Crostini: Bring a taste of the tropics right to your own backyard with pineapple-topped crostini. These sweet and savory morsels also feature bell pepper, jalapeño and mozzarella for an added flavor and kick. (via Little Broken)
6. Summer Squash Crostini: Sautéed summer squash might make for a delicious side dish all on its own, but when it comes to outdoor entertaining, we prefer this tasty take. Olive oil, lemon and rosemary help flavor the squash, while the baguette slices pack a powerful punch of their own thanks to garlic rub and ricotta cheese. (via Kitchen Konfidence)
7. Cherry + Lemon Zest Crostini: If cherry lemonade is one of your go-to summer sips, you’ll never be able to get enough of these unique crostini featuring lemon zest, sweet cherries and ricotta cheese. Whip up a batch today for the perfect sweet-tart flavor pairing. (via Whole Living)
8. Apricot Crostini: As much as we dig a delectable combination of apricot and goat cheese, it’s the addition of pistachio pieces and mint that makes these crostini truly drool-worthy. (via Stuck on Sweet)
10. Fig, Blue Cheese + Honey Crostini: Sweeten up your next summer picnic with a bite-sized infusion of fig, honey and bold blue cheese. Ready in only six quick minutes, this easy app will have you out the door and on your way with plenty of time to spare. (via Two Purple Figs)
11. Summer Berry Crostini: Get everyone in a patriotic mood by serving these red, white and blue beauties at any summer soiree. Featuring cherries, raspberries, blueberries and a ricotta base, they’re also a colorful choice for next year’s 4th of July BBQ. (via Ambitious Kitchen)
12. Zucchini Breakfast Crostini: Stumped about what to bring to an upcoming baby or bridal shower brunch? Get the celebration off to an egg-cellent start with zucchini and goat cheese breakfast crostini. Topped with scrambled, poached or sunny-side-up eggs, they’re sure to be a hearty hit. (via Eats Well With Others)
14. Blueberry Chutney Crostini: Take chutney from toast-topper to cocktail-hour superstar by adding these terrific treats to your wedding-day lineup. We promise no one will even miss the traditional cheese and crackers. (via Camille Styles)
17. Shrimp + Tomato Crostini: Before bringing on the burgers, dogs and kabobs, take a seafood-inspired detour with shrimp, tomato and basil crostini. This recipe’s cream cheese, goat cheese, ground pepper, garlic and chive spread is certainly not to be skipped. (via Beckham + Belle)
(Bonus!) Summer Crostini Party: Want even more inspo? Follow the link to discover 10 additional crostini ideas, including creative combos like gorgonzola walnut spread with pears, chives, toasted hazelnuts and honey. With so many options to mix and match, your taste buds will never get bored. (via Honestly Yum)
What’s your favorite summer-inspired crostini topping? Share some tasty ideas below.
Still haven't taken up that new creative skills you swore you'd learn this year? Or ready to take your design skills to the next level? Let's say so long to the weirdest year ever by checking those big learn-something-new goals off our perpetual to-do lists.
We've teamed up with Clorox to give you the gift of unlimited creativity now through the end of the year. Once you sign up, you can take as many of our 120+ classes as you want for FREE for one whole month!
Here's how it works:
- Head to brit.co/learn and sign up for the "All Access Pass."
- Use the code "CLOROXCARES" at checkout to redeem your free month of classes.
- You will be automagically signed up for Clorox's email list once you redeem your free all access pass. (It's the #1 Choice for Disinfection!)
- Your pass lasts one month from when you checkout. This means you have unlimited access to all the classes during that month.
This offer is valid now through December 27, 2020.
Browse our catalog to find the right class for you, tell a friend and take the class together over Zoom, or organize a 'cocktails + crafts' night with a friend in your bubble so you can learn something new together.
What are you waiting for? Time to start learning all the things!
Thanks to Clorox for making this happen! When it counts, trust Clorox.