We’re so glad we outgrew our childhood hatred of Brussels sprouts. No one has to nag us to eat them now — in fact, we’re kind of obsessed. This trendy veggie seems to go well with everything and adds some new appeal to classic recipes. It’s also packed with nutritional benefits. Delicious and nutritious? No wonder we just can’t get enough! Join the Brussels sprout party and try out one of our 20 favorite recipes below.
1. Purple Brussels Sprout Salad With Pecans + Orange Garlic Dressing: You know we can’t get enough of that purple color pop. It doesn’t hurt that this beauty is packed with flavors — nutty pecans, vibrant citrus and a sharp hit of garlic. If you’re serving this at your next soiree, you could glam this salad up by color blocking the purple and green sprouts. (via Fake Food Free)
2. Chili-Spiced Sweet Potato Hash Browns With Roasted Veggies: A savory veggie fix for brunch? We’re sold. This dish combines spicy and sweet with a hearty topping of our favorite roasted veggie. (via Veggie and the Beast Feast)
3. Brussels Sprouts + Cheddar Quiche: Broccoli cheddar is delish, but why not try a new veggie cheese combo for your quiche? Brussels sprouts make this simple quiche extra special. (via The Chic Life)
4. Green Power Salad With Roasted Veggies: Walnuts, chickpeas and Brussels sprouts, oh my! A few of our favorite ingredients join forces in this nutritious, flavor-packed salad. It’s the perfect hearty vegetarian meal. (via Lemons and Basil)
5. Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad With Pear, Cranberries + Vegan Parmesan: Looking for a dreamy vegan salad? We’ve got you covered. Crunchy shaved sprouts pair perfectly with sweet pears and cranberries, while vegan parmesan gives the whole dish a salty kick. (via Love and Lentils)
7. Brussels Sprout + Apple Coleslaw: Skip the same old coleslaw and give this unique raw slaw a try. We love the unexpected apples, which add a pop of sweetness and crunch. (via Lorimer Street Kitchen)
10. Tahini + Sprout Pie: This rustic savory pie is chock full of delicious super foods. Get your daily dose of ultra nutritious Brussels sprouts and tahini, served up on a decadent slab of pie crust. (via Chase That I Love)
11. Brussels Sprout Pesto: Skip the basil and try a whole new take on pesto! Brussels sprouts give traditional pesto a unique flavor while maintaining that beloved texture and color. This spread is perfect for crostinis or a gorgeous bowl of pasta. (via Multiculti Kitchen)
12. Pomegranate Lime Brussels Sprouts: Bright pomegranate seeds meet tart lime and fresh Brussels, delivering a color and flavor packed salad sure to lift you out of your salad rut. (via PDX Food Love)
14. Roasted Brussels Sprouts With Sriracha Honey Drizzle: Roasted Brussels sprouts offer luxurious layers of crunch. They’re even more addictive when they’re dressed up with unexpected flavors, like this spicy sweet Sriracha honey drizzle. (via Dash of East)
15. Brussels Sprout Au Gratin with Horseradish + Parmesan Cheese: Feel a little more virtuous about a warm bowl of creamy, melted cheese by substituting the traditional potato with brussels sprouts. A little green makes that parmesan and cream taste even better. (via Natalie’s Daily Crave)
16. Roasted Brussels Sprout Chips With Balsamic: Meet your new movie night go-to snack. Popcorn and potato chips? Delish, but so last season. Get all the snacky, salty crunch you need with roasted Brussels sprout chips. (via Inspired Edibles)
18. Brussels Sprouts Roasted on the Stalk With Maple Butter Dijon Glaze: Have you ever seen Brussels sprouts still attached to the stalk? They’re gorgeous! We love the rustic feel of this roasted Brussels sprouts presentation. A maple syrup and dijon mustard laced butter glaze adds some flavorful flair. (via The Right Recipe)
20. Seared Sea Scallops With Golden Raisin Puree + Bacon Braised Brussels Sprouts: We could always go for some seared sea scallops with all the trimmings, including Brussels sprouts braised in bacon. It’s the perfect recipe for the next time you want to wow your guests, or, you know, make yourself an awesome meal and binge watch TV. (via In Sock Monkey Slippers)
What’s your favorite Brussels sprout recipe? Leave us a comment and let us know how you’re cooking up your sprouts!