Earth Day may have come and gone, but that doesn’t mean the sentiment of the annual event, meant to educate and support efforts to positively impact the environment, should end with it. Just in case you needed a friendly reminder of just how cool the planet we live on actually is (after you’ve followed all these nature instagram accounts, that is), we’ve rounded up Earth Day shots from some of your favorite celebs to show you the world through their eyes — and trust us, they’re privy to some pretty cool stuff! Whether they spent the day taking in all of Mother Nature’s splendors out in the great outdoors or did their part to find new ways to sustain our resources, Earth Day didn’t go unnoticed by the star set. Check out a few of their coolest shares below.
1. Lupita Nyong’O: You can’t BE much more one with nature than Lupita is in this sweet snap of her hugging a baby elephant, captioned with our favorite poem from Dr. Seuss’s The Lorax: “Unless someone like you cares an awful lot, nothing is going to get better, it’s not,” followed by a message of Lupita’s own: “Remember to cherish the planet we call home,” she says. “It takes the efforts of many for substantial change to occur!”
2. Audrina Patridge: Audrina and fiancé Corey Bohan spent the day enjoying their natural surroundings, needing only each other and the picturesque scenery behind them. Maybe it will sway them to choose one of these nature-inspired baby names?
3. Drew Barrymore: Why are we not surprised in the least that flower child Drew Barrymore would bear her youngest on Earth Day? Judging from this pic of daughter Frankie, the apple doesn’t fall too far from the tree. “Happy birthday to my angel Frankie,” Drew writes. “Happy Earth Day birthday! #naturegirl”
4. Alicia Silverstone: How cute is Alicia Silverstone with her Love Goodly vegan subscription box in support of Farm Sanctuary? Practically the unofficial Earth Day spokeswoman, Alicia guest curated the box just for the event.
5. Behati Prinsloo: The model and soon-to-be-mommy showed off her surf skills with this serene pic, declaring “every day is Earth day.”
6. Candace Cameron Bure: Candace did her part by sharing the info that only 14% of people recycle in the bathroom, compared with the 56% that recycle in the kitchen. “It’s time to #rethinkrecycling and create a #brightfuture for future generations,” she says. We’re with you Candace!
7. Ashley Tisdale: Ashley made like a tree in this gorgeous outdoor shot, stretching her limbs wide while taking in the scenery.
8. Rachel Zoe: Rachel gave kudos to daughter Skyler for making this informative Earth Day art piece. “So proud of my skylermorrison for learning and loving to care for our precious planet,” she writes. Aw!
9. Pee Wee Herman: Pee Wee Herman himself celebrated Earth Day by sharing this iconic throwback of Mr. Globey.
How did you celebrate Earth Day? Let us know over at @BritandCo!
Photo by Andrew Toth/Getty