21 Nature Photographers to Follow on Instagram
How often do you escape into the great outdoors? And we’re not talking about the courtyard at your office. Not many of us go on nature retreats as often as we should, but now you can briefly get there from the comfort of your desk chair. A quick glance at these nature-filled Instagram feeds will give you major wanderlust — we promise. The serene landscapes, abandoned beaches and close-ups photos of wildlife will have you wishing for a nature walk, STAT!
1. Stefano Unterthiner: This guy gets up close and personal with the faces of wildlife for a living. He photographs for National Geographic and he’s a zoologist, so he’s as pro as pro gets. (via stefanounterthiner)
3. Santiago de Hoyos: It seems that Vancouver, BC is a place of endless nature gold, and de Hoyos photographs some of its most intimate moments. He doesn’t just stick to Vancouver, though. He has collections of photos from his many travels. (via santiagodehoyos)
4. Dan Tom: Based in San Francisco, Tom travels the world finding serene scenes that look like they’re straight out of a storybook. From the looks of it, he’s a big fan of crashing waves and peaceful fog. Who isn’t? (via dantom)
7. Brenton Clarke Little: Brenton’s lens goes beyond forests and oceans, he finds nature in urban landscapes that often get overlooked. Scroll through his feed and you’ll soon find that nature is everywhere, people! (via (brenton_clarke)
8. Keith Ladzinski: Another NatGeo photographer, Ladinski got his start taking rock climbing photos. Now his talents cover priceless moments in nature of all kinds, all over the world. (via ladzinski)
9. Mia Foley: Photographing from Kaua’i, Hawaii, Foley has us convinced that there’s nowhere we’d rather be. She also does wedding photography… maybe this calls for a destination wedding? (via themeep)
10. Cory Richards: When it comes to getting the shot, Richards knows what it takes. In 2012 he got Natinoal Geographic’s Adventurer of the Year Award in 2012, and since then, he captures glimpses of nature that make us want to be full-time explorers. (via coryrichards)
11. Alex Strohl: Who needs city skylines when you have tree skylines with a backdrop of mountain silhouettes? Strohl is a Madrid-born Frenchman who’s not only known for his breathtaking photography, but also for co-founding a creative agency. Will the talents never end?! (via alexstrohl)
15. Scott Rankin: We’re just going to pretend that we live in this Instagram feed where we stand in giant ancient forests and wade in lakes that go past the horizon line. See ya later, gator! (via othellonine)
20. Chris Rod: It’s no secret that Portland, Oregon is a place of lovely landscapes, but the spots captured by Chris Rod seem profoundly untouched. You can even buy prints of his work here. (via chrisjrod)
21. Poler Stuff: Of course we had to throw in a stylish, rugged brand for outdoor gear. This line of beanies, bags, tents and more explores the great outdoors for a living… and looks great doing it. (via polerstuff)
Did we miss one of your faves? Let us know down below!
Still haven't taken up that new creative skills you swore you'd learn this year? Or ready to take your design skills to the next level? Let's say so long to the weirdest year ever by checking those big learn-something-new goals off our perpetual to-do lists.
We've teamed up with Clorox to give you the gift of unlimited creativity now through the end of the year. Once you sign up, you can take as many of our 120+ classes as you want for FREE for one whole month!
Here's how it works:
- Head to brit.co/learn and sign up for the "All Access Pass."
- Use the code "CLOROXCARES" at checkout to redeem your free month of classes.
- You will be automagically signed up for Clorox's email list once you redeem your free all access pass. (It's the #1 Choice for Disinfection!)
- Your pass lasts one month from when you checkout. This means you have unlimited access to all the classes during that month.
This offer is valid now through December 27, 2020.
Browse our catalog to find the right class for you, tell a friend and take the class together over Zoom, or organize a 'cocktails + crafts' night with a friend in your bubble so you can learn something new together.
What are you waiting for? Time to start learning all the things!
Thanks to Clorox for making this happen! When it counts, trust Clorox.