11 Celebrity Parents Who Have Joined the Hollywood Twin Club
It seems like everywhere you look as of late, twins are taking over: Not only did Amal and George Clooney welcome their two bundles of joy just last week, but Jaime Pressly and Vienna Girardi of Bachelor fameboth announced that they are expecting twins too. And don’t even get us started on Beyoncé and Jay Z’s impending lookalikes!
The twin baby boom is especially noticeable in Hollywood, as a growing number of Tinsel Town’s 30+ set are seeing double. Check out who’s having twice the fun below!
1.Beyoncé and Jay-Z: Making the baby announcement to end all baby announcements, Beyoncé, 35, revealed in February that she was expecting twins. Though the singer hasn’t said a whole lot about her impending arrivals (any day now, Bey!), she has shown off her growing bump on multiple occasions, including during an unforgettable stint at the Grammys with the unborn babes front and center. (Photo via Christopher Polk/Getty)
2. Vienna Girardi: The former Bachelor winner dropped a bombshell on us all last week with the news that she, too, will soon be seeing double. “Twice the blessing, twice the fun!” the 31-year-old captioned a shot of a heart-shaped sonogram marked with the words “Twin A” and “Twin B.” (Photo via Ethan Miller/Getty)
3. Jaime Pressly and Hamzi Hijazi: Hot on the heels of the news of the birth of Amal and George Clooney’s twins came news that Mom actress Pressly would soon be following in their footsteps. “Twins don’t run on either side of our family, so we were shocked,” the 39-year-old told People. “This wasn’t IVF or anything like that.” Still, it was a welcome blessing for the actress, who told the mag, “I’ve always wanted three kids.” Looks like she got her wish, as the twins will join Pressly’s son Dezi. (Photo via Angela Weiss/Getty)
4. Amal and George Clooney: The actor and the British human rights attorney welcomed their twins, Ella and Alexander, last week. Afterward, Grandpa Clooney dished to E!, “George will be an absolutely wonderful father…[He] will be hands on entirely. And he’ll do it with humor and joy.” (Photo via Clemens Bilan/Getty)
5. Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon: Little Moroccan and Monroe, or “#demkids Roc and Roe,” as the former flames affectionately refer to their mini-mes, are already hitting the red carpet with their parents, who are proud to show off their little ones any chance they get. Then again, we’d expect nothing less. Carey reportedly welcomed them into the world to her hit song “Fantasy.” As Carey wrote on Bey’s Instagram post-baby news, “Having twins is the most incredible experience ever!” (Photo via Frazer Harrison/Getty)
6. Celine Dion + René Angelil: Dion was very open about her fertility struggles, using IVF to eventually conceive her now six-year-old boys Nelson and Eddy with their late father, René Angelil. Though the then-42-year-old singer did concede there were many sleepless nights in the first few years (“Every day René asks, ‘Did you sleep well?’ [and] I’m like, ‘You must be kidding! There is no sleep!”), she said that it was “extraordinary to be parents once again” after having son René-Charles back in 2001. (Photo via Scott Brinegar/Getty)
View this post on Instagram
This pic gives me life 😍💑💘 Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie with their beautiful twins: Vivienne & Knox 💕 2008 #brangelina4ever #brangelina #angelinajolie #bradpitt #vivienneandknox #viviennejoliepitt #knoxjoliepitt #twins #joliepittwins #joliepitkids #babies #love #fangie
A post shared by Brangelina4ever (@brangelina4ever) on
7. Angelina Jolie + Brad Pitt: The now-divorced couple shocked the world back in 2008 with the announcement that they were expecting two new additions to their ever-growing brood of children, which already included Maddox, Pax, Zahara, and Shiloh. Jolie, then 33, told Entertainment Weekly that the news was a surprise to them too. “We weren’t expecting twins,” she revealed. “So it did shock us, and we jumped to six very quickly. But we like a challenge.” Cut to July of the same year, and the world got its first glimpse of little Vivienne and Knox — AKA the most famous twins since Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen.
— Jennifer Lopez News (@J_LopezNews) March 10, 2017
8. Jennifer Lopez + Marc Anthony: Just months before Jolie and Pitt’s now-famous twin babes were born, the “Ain’t Your Mama” singer and then-husband Marc Anthony opened their arms to their own set of twins, Max and Emme (now nine). Lopez took to Instagram on their birthday earlier this year, saying, “I immediately felt bonded, protected, overwhelmed with emotion and like the luckiest woman on Earth, and I’ve felt that way every day since.”
Julie Bowen with her real-life children: Oliver, Gustav and John (twins) pic.twitter.com/POjXrRe09C
— Eddie Du (@Edourdoo) October 29, 2015
9. Julie Bowen + Scott Phillips: Julie Bowen has a modern family all her own, with an 11-year-old son named Oliver and two eight-year-old twins, John and Gustav, with husband Scott Phillips. Though Bowen admits the news came as a shock, telling More back in 2011 that she was “terrified,” she seems to have mastered the feat that once scared her. “I did not want twins as a second go-around,” she told the outlet. “I’m constantly shocked I’m successfully taking care of this family and that I’m capable of putting their needs before mine. I don’t think I could have done it in my twenties.”
10. Tilda Swinton + John Byrne: Swinton, who costarred with Clooney in their shared flick, Hail, Caesar, admitted that she was amused to hear the news that Clooney would be welcoming two bundles of joy, as he used to laugh at her own rambunctious twins Xavier and Honor (now 19) when they were babies. “I have twins myself and [George] always used to laugh about me looking so tired when the twins were small,” she recently told People. “Now I have the last laugh. I’ve laughed at him across the airwaves. He’s gonna need some sleeping pills!” (Photo via Pascal le Segretain/Getty)
11. Julia Roberts + Danny Moder: While Swinton may not be willing to offer much in the way of advice after Clooney so mercilessly mocked her, his other costar and good friend Julia Roberts had her own thoughts to share. The 49-year-old, who has a pair of twins in now-11-year-old Phinnaeus and Hazel, as well as a 10-year-old son, Henry, relayed, “They are a great couple and I think they don’t need advice from me or anyone else.” That’s because, as Roberts told talk show host Ellen DeGeneres, “Nobody’s there with you at 3 o’clock in the morning when you’re just going, ‘What am I doing? Where did they come from and when are they going? And then you sort of get through it and figure it out.” (Photo via Frederick M. Brown/Getty)
Are you surprised by all the Hollywood twins? Let us know over @BritandCo.
(Photo via Mike Coppola/Getty)