Celebrate the Weekend With a *Chicks Rule* Easter Party, Leather Flower Purses + More DIYs
With Easter hitting on April 16 and Coachella kicking off the same weekend, you’ve probably set aside time to craft a few colorful and festive DIYs. Whether you’re looking for a relaxing activity you can do while watching your fave show (think: pom-poms), a unique way to amp up your festival gear, or you’re just trying to do some early prep for those Easter baskets, this weekend is the perfect chance to get crafty. Scroll on for 10 ideas to keep your Easter brunch epic and your festival style totally on point.
1. DIY Chicks Rule Easter Party: If you liked Galentine’s Day, you’ll LOVE the idea of a “chicks rule” party for Easter. Bye, stuffy brunch — this Peep-tastic party is packed with puns, tasty treats, and a couple easy DIY decor ideas. (via Aww, Sam)
2. DIY Rhinestone Statement Earrings: Looking for a special statement piece of bling to take your spring outfits to the next level? Look no further than these fab and fun rhinestone pieces! They’re super easy to make, so stock up on beads and invite your besties over for a craft night project. (via Studio DIY)
3. DIY Easter Wall Hanging: Hop to it and snag some of that sparkly Easter bunny grass to give this mini wall hanging next-level cuteness. In the Weave a Wall Hanging Kit ($25), you’ll get all the supplies you need to make a three-color yarn weaving, but this DIY gives your hanging an extra festive touch with bunny ears. (via Brit + Co)
4. DIY Leather Flower Crossbody Purse: This purse may look like a thousand bucks, but all you really need are a few rivets and leather cutouts. Give one or more of your bags this springtime makeover just in time for festival season, and get ready for the compliments to start showering down. (via Damask Love)
5. DIY Pom-Pom Wall Hanging: Queue up your Netflix list, ’cause you’ve got a lot of pom-poms to make. This wall hanging is easy enough to accomplish with a little time, making it the perfect leisurely weekend project. (via Brit + Co)
6. DIY Balloon Easter Egg Centerpiece: Just when you think washi tape couldn’t get any cooler, it swoops in to turn balloons into the best Easter egg centerpiece. You could even let the kiddos help you make these “eggs” and skip that whole messy dyeing thing. (via Oh Happy Day)
7. DIY Holographic Booties: Festival season is the perf chance to go crazy with all things sparkly. You can be certain no one else will rock holographic booties like these one-of-a-kind beauties! (via Brit + Co)
8. DIY Piñata Surprise Easter Eggs: Head to the dollar store and stock up on plastic Easter eggs to make a batch of adorable mini piñatas. They would be super cute as a table centerpiece, as place settings, or in a kiddo’s Easter basket. (via Lovely Indeed)
9. DIY Easter and Passover Coloring Pages: If you’re hosting an Easter brunch or Passover Seder, you’ll want to have a stack of these coloring pages ready for all your guests. Even the adults will want to get their crayon on with these cute, festive designs. (via Brit + Co)
10. DIY Confetti Side Table: Thinking you don’t quite have enough confetti in your life? Transform an IKEA side table into party central with a handful of confetti and a splash of Mod Podge. (via A Kailo Chic Life)
What will you DIY this weekend? Follow us on Pinterest for more crafty inspiration and easy decor projects!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.