12 Chili Recipes Sure to Win Your Next Cook-Off
There’s no better way to fend off the chilly weather than with chili. (Duh.) Given the fact that this one-pot-wonder can be made so many different and delicious ways—including all kinds of vegetarian and vegan possibilities– we agree that it’s a perfect meal for all types of eaters. These twelve chili recipes show how you can make your mark on this classic comfort food.
1. Turkey, White Bean, and Pumpkin Chili: Since fall is all about pumpkin, we couldn’t think of a better way to start this roundup than with a pumpkin-based chili. This recipe is a cinch to make, since the crock pot does pretty much all the work for you. (via 2 Sisters 2 Cities)
2. Beef Chili with Avocados: Amp up classic beef chili with a side of sliced avocados. Sure it’s simple, but the addition is pure genius: its creamy texture and fresh flavor makes it a perfect way to lighten up every bite. (via What’s That Smell)
3. Spicy Chorizo Chili: Spicy chorizo isn’t the only thing that makes this chili completely irresistible. The special secret ingredient? A can of Rotel! (If you haven’t noticed, we’re slightly obsessed with everything it touches). (via Farm Fresh Therapy)
5. Ancho, Black Bean, and Butternut Squash Chili: Healthy chili? It’s possible—as you’ll see with this veggie-heavy recipe. Black beans, smoky ancho peppers, and butternut squash are packed with vitamins, fiber, as well as lots of flavor! (via Recipe Rebuild)
7. No Bean Chili: Don’t mess with Texas-style chili! If you didn’t grow up with the legume-free recipe or you just think beans are a big bummer, it’s time to give this southern staple a try. (via Burnt Carrots)
10. Vegan Quinoa Chili: Vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free! That’s right, this triple-threat chili is sure to be a crowd pleaser with the meat and wheat-free crews. (via The Fresh Find)
11. Southwest Chicken Chili: We love the time-saving tip this blogger gives in her Southwestern-spiced chili recipe: buy the bird pre-cooked! Using a deli chicken cuts the cook time down to 10 minutes. (via Kitchen Meets Girl)
BONUS:Beer and Jack Chili Mac N Cheese: Is it mac and cheese? Or is it chili? We don’t care! Just know that the recipe also calls for beer. (via Bakeaholic Mama)
How do you cook your chili? Got any special recipes to share with us? We’d love to hear ’em! Drop us a line in the comments below or over on Twitter.