12 Chili Recipes Sure to Win Your Next Cook-Off
There’s no better way to fend off the chilly weather than with chili. (Duh.) Given the fact that this one-pot-wonder can be made so many different and delicious ways—including all kinds of vegetarian and vegan possibilities– we agree that it’s a perfect meal for all types of eaters. These twelve chili recipes show how you can make your mark on this classic comfort food.
1. Turkey, White Bean, and Pumpkin Chili: Since fall is all about pumpkin, we couldn’t think of a better way to start this roundup than with a pumpkin-based chili. This recipe is a cinch to make, since the crock pot does pretty much all the work for you. (via 2 Sisters 2 Cities)
2. Beef Chili with Avocados: Amp up classic beef chili with a side of sliced avocados. Sure it’s simple, but the addition is pure genius: its creamy texture and fresh flavor makes it a perfect way to lighten up every bite. (via What’s That Smell)
3. Spicy Chorizo Chili: Spicy chorizo isn’t the only thing that makes this chili completely irresistible. The special secret ingredient? A can of Rotel! (If you haven’t noticed, we’re slightly obsessed with everything it touches). (via Farm Fresh Therapy)
5. Ancho, Black Bean, and Butternut Squash Chili: Healthy chili? It’s possible—as you’ll see with this veggie-heavy recipe. Black beans, smoky ancho peppers, and butternut squash are packed with vitamins, fiber, as well as lots of flavor! (via Recipe Rebuild)
7. No Bean Chili: Don’t mess with Texas-style chili! If you didn’t grow up with the legume-free recipe or you just think beans are a big bummer, it’s time to give this southern staple a try. (via Burnt Carrots)
11. Southwest Chicken Chili: We love the time-saving tip this blogger gives in her Southwestern-spiced chili recipe: buy the bird pre-cooked! Using a deli chicken cuts the cook time down to 10 minutes. (via Kitchen Meets Girl)
How do you cook your chili? Got any special recipes to share with us? We’d love to hear ’em! Drop us a line in the comments below or over on Twitter.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)