15 Times Chimichurri Spiced Up Your Dinner
Mastering flavorful sauces is the easiest way to add some oomph to your usual dinners. You’re probably familiar with pesto, an Italian sauce that can be made with all sorts of fresh herbs, and then used to make your meals shine. Homemade vinaigrettes and dressings deliver extra flavor to everything from beet salads to fried chicken. But you should also add Argentinean chimichurri to your repertoire — it’s a vinegary sauce made from herbs including parsley, oregano, and cilantro, and bold ingredients like garlic and red chili peppers. Try out these 14 chimichurri recipes to erase boring meals from your menu.
1. Panzanella With Marinated Chickpeas and Chimichurri: A robust chimichurri dressing, along with feta cheese, gives each mouthful the right amount of bite. (via How Sweet Eats)
2. Chimichurri Potato Tacos With Pinto Beans: The key to making great vegetarian food is using bold ingredients, like chimichurri. It livens up the beans and potatoes in these healthy tacos. (via Naturally Ella)
3. Grilled Sweet Potatoes With Chimichurri: Garlicky, herbaceous chimichurri is the perfect foil to smokey grilled sweet potatoes. Add a squirt of lime juice, crumbled cheese, and some pumpkin seeds for the perfect finish. (via Camille Styles)
4. Chimichurri Fries With Gorgonzola: French fries don’t have to be a side dish. Add some extras, like a flavorful sauce, some salty cheese, and a handful of fresh herbs to make them a star entree. (via How Sweet Eats)
5. Chimichurri Salmon With Mango: Heart-healthy salmon is deliciously rich, which is why it’s great when paired with bold, fresh ingredients like tropical mango and a zesty chimichurri sauce. (via Rasa Malaysia)
6. Lamb Meatballs With Manchego Polenta and Chimichurri: Creamy polenta is even better when it’s loaded with Manchego cheese and topped with juicy lamb meatballs and chimichurri. (via Yes to Yolks)
7. California Steak Salad With Chimichurri Dressing: Juicy steak and creamy avocado is always a delightful pairing. Along with grilled onions and chimichurri, they make this salad a meal in itself. (via Joyful Healthy Eats)
13. Cumin Rubbed Grilled Chicken With Chimichurri Sauce: Chicken is anything but boring in this recipe. It’s saturated with flavor, thanks to a spice rub and a bright herb sauce. (via Cooking Classy)
14. Grilled Chimichurri Chicken Avocado Salad: This salad has everything you want in a meal. There’s plenty of protein, lots of fresh veggies, creamy avocado to give a dose of healthy fat, and a dressing you’ll want to drink straight from the bottle. (via Cafe Delites)
For more fresh and flavorful dinner ideas, follow us on Pinterest.