9 DIY Cinder Block Gardens That Will Make You Want to Grab Your Gardening Tools
With the weather warming up, it’s time to embrace your green thumb. Break out your gloves, shovels and seeds, and get ready to garden your heart out! Whether you’re looking to boost your health with an edible garden or show off your love for Mother Nature with a rose garden, cinder block gardening is an awesome way to do it (especially if you live in a city). Need more convincing? Well, keep reading for nine cinder block gardens that you will want to make yourself!
1. Succulent Corner: Get creative with your potting by embracing the succulent trend and planting these little beauties in a cinder bock pyramid. With this creation, you can show off your gardening skills in every corner. (via Site for Everything)
2. Mosaic Garden: Turn your gardening into crafting with a few broken tile pieces. Mosaic cinder blocks are an easy way to turn gardening into a group art and earth project. (via Wimp)
3. Zen Statue: Yogis, this one is for you! Create a peaceful garden feel with a gorgeous cinder block statue that will leave you feeling one with nature. (via The Garden Glove)
4. Wall Garden: Put your favorite plants on display with a gorgeous cinder block wall garden. This wall creates the perfect backdrop for a patio area or a backyard nook. (via Apartment Therapy)
5. Modern Planter: Wood, cinder blocks and succulents is a combo that definitely doesn’t succ (pun intended!). Go for an urban vibe with this neat and polished planter. (via Slip Talk)
6. Painted Pots: A splash of color can completely transform the aesthetics of your garden. Brighten up your garden pots by adding some patterned paint. (via NYmeta)
7. Vertical Garden: Don’t cramp your garden style with this space-saving, vertical cinder block planter. Build this simple yet awesome planter for your backyard no matter what the size. (via Wimp)
8. Backyard Bar: Create the perfect outdoor bar for your spring and summer entertaining. Dotted with greenery, this gorgeous bar will be the center of attention at your backyard BBQ or baby shower. (via Apartment Therapy)
9. Garden Bench: Spring and summer are the perfect times for reading or sunbathing in your backyard. After putting your green thumb to work, relax on this garden bench and enjoy the sunny skies. (via Potted Plant Society)
What type of cinder block garden are you thinking about making? Get even more inspiration on Pinterest.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)