So you just got engaged to the love of your life — congrats are in order! Before the big day, why not throw a party where you can celebrate (and show off that gorgeous custom ring) with your nearest and dearest. Kick off planning an engagement fête with one these five anything-but-ordinary themes for a party that’s sure to stand out.
A Boozy Brunch
1. Donut Rings: You can never have too many donuts. Pick up a few dozen of these powdered sugar delights and your guests won’t be able to resist grabbing one on their way out. (via Domino)
2. Disposable Dishware: Keep cleanup simple with these cute paper goods that will save you from hours spent scrubbing dishes. The mint and gold party pack will give you everything you need for your guests to dine in style. (via Paper Eskimo)
3. Rose Gold: Be the hostess with the mostest by taking a page right out of this picture-perfect brunch. The rose gold and peachy details create an inviting and romantic atmosphere for your celebration. (via Lindsey Grace / Wedding Chicks)
A Fun + Colorful Fiesta
5. Taco Party Favor DIY: Say hola to the most clever party favor for your fiesta — a taco that fits your party’s theme and keeps your guests’ charger cords in order later. (via Sugar + Cloth)
6. Backyard BBQ: Keep it casual with a backyard shindig that has the ultimate Southwestern vibe. Decorate with stark whites and bright colors that’ll make your guests feel right at home. (via Gideon Photo / Amorology)
7. Party Balloons: If you’re stuck on how to create a festive atmosphere, you can’t go wrong with mylar balloons. Pick up a few at the party store to spell out a phrase that’ll jump start your party. (via Studio DIY)
8. Cactus Cupcakes: Fill your dessert table with quick bites and fun-sized treats that tie into your theme. Mini cactus cupcake toppers will get everyone in the fiesta spirit. (via Eventprint)
A Classy Cocktail Party
9. Drink Up: Everyone knows that a good cocktail party is all about the drinks. Use a gorgeous gold sign to let your guests know exactly where to fill up their cup. (via Oh Happy Day)
10. Antique Mirror: Turn your drink station into a sophisticated mini bar by adding a mirrored menu. Hit the thrift stores to find the perfect one to go with your style. (via Laurey W. Glen / Southern Living)
12. Metallic Cocktail Stirrers: Add a touch of pizzazz to your cocktail party with these festive stirrers. Every drink that you serve will have that special sparkle. (via The Mitten Tog / Inspired by This)
13. Festive Tablescape: Go all out with a bar set up that will make your friends and family swoon. Pinkies up! (via Harper’s Bazaar)
15. Wine Labels: Make it easy for your guests to find and taste the wines they like with this quick setup. (via Popsugar)
16. Clever Martin Winery Photo Booth Props ($28, pack of 12): Get in the drinking spirit with these fun photo booth props. Taste a few wines, snap a few pics, and enjoy the celebration!
17. Wine Barrel: Whether you’re hosting in your own backyard or taking a trip to your local winery, a wine barrel table is a must. It sets the tone for an afternoon of sipping and celebrating. (via Wed Memphis)
18. DIY Chalkboard Glass: Never lose your glass again. These easy-to-make chalkboard wine glasses make it a cinch to personalize each guest’s drink. (via Cambria Wines)
Cozy Dinner Party
19. Comfy Seating: Host a cozy dinner party if you plan to stay in and relax with your closest friends and family. This intimate setting is perfect for you and your boo to spill all the juicy details of your engagement. (via Sugar and Charm)
20. Personal Place Card: The best thing about small dinner parties is that you can focus on the details for every guest. Make them feel special with a personalized place setting that was made just for them. (via Braedon Flynn Photography / Green Wedding Shoes)
23. Family Style: Serve your meal family style to help save time in the kitchen. The big plates of family favorites will definitely be a crowd-pleaser, especially if Grandma’s famous antipasto makes an appearance. (via Kristen Kilpatrick Photography / Camille Styles)
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.