When I was in middle school, I had a pair of black clogs that I wore every single day of 7th grade. ‘Tis true… while everyone else in the class was wearing Doc Martens, I was wearing the *coolest* clogs on the block. Just kidding, they weren’t cool… but the times have changed and now I’m actually excited that clogs are back and legit cool again (pinky swear). Here are 25 pairs of clogs that are way too cute to be clogs.
1. Spire Wrap Clog ($198): This is how clogs can take the place of your go-to booties. Oh yeah, and “high fashion clogs” — not an oxymoron. You’ll definitely be used to it by the end of this roundup.
2. Sven Clogs ($150): American-made since 1974 in a little lakeside city in Minnesota, Sven is an institution in clog-making. Even celebrities love these shoes, which are handmade by a close-knit team of shoemakers.
3. Swedish Hasbeens Peep-Toes ($229): The Scandinavian clog company with the sweetest name also makes the sweetest clogs. These burgundy peep toes go with everything like a neutral, but have a little more personality than basic black or brown. (via Hello It’s Valentine)
16. Free People ‘Chance’ Platform Clog ($228): We can and we will play favorites. These mule-style clogs are perfect.
6. Bryr Clogs ($259): This San Francisco-based clog maker quit her job and apprenticed with a Minnesota shoemaker (Marie Rivers from Sven, above!) to learn everything there is to know about clogs. She’s since followed her clogging dream all the way into Martha Stewart’s American Made contest. Go girl! (via Madesmith)
7. Imelda Shoes Amy Clogs ($174): Ooh, these Israeli handmade clogs are bringing the color (orange!) and the texture (cowhide <3). How great would these look with a bright red pedi?
8. Charles David Sacche Clog ($165): Attention short ladies who need some height help: Sky-high platform heels on clogs such as these are actually comfier than you might think!
9. Wannsee Clogs ($178): Why yes, we do wanna see these on our feet. And thanks to their neutral two-toned finish, they’ll go with everything.
10. Groupie Vintage Platform Clog ($78): Vintage! The shape of the heel and the detail of the leatherwork is incredible on this ’70s style. And we heard flared jeans are back, so get your outfit ready!
11. Kelsi Dagger Brooklyn Sky Heel Clog ($140): We love the mix of throwback platforms with this modern grey suede straps. Toes out in the summer, then pair with a pair of colorful tights come fall (so like… now!).
12. Belmont Leather Clog ($128): When you think “clogs,” don’t always think brown. Check out these burgandy steppers (ohhh and those slouchy socks!!) and know that there’s even more color in store! This pair also comes in green and blue hues.
13. Swedish Hasbeens Suzanne ($249): Blue jeans, meet your new soul mates. Whether you keep to your skinnies or walk out in a slouchier pair, these clogs will polish any casual outfit. (via Hello It’s Valentine)
14. Tecla Cenere Clog Boots ($435): Clog boots! That’s a thing! Keep it simple with this very modern way to rock this classic shoe.
15. Woolrich Clogs ($180): These wooly clogs come in a few different patterns, including all the plaid and sweatery stuff you could ever want for winter.
16. Kork-Ease Carmella Clog ($114): Got the blues? Not anymore, with these studded wonders. We love how the hardware adds edges to these slingbacks.
17. Swedish Hasbeens Slip-On ($230): Slip on these caramel clogs and you’re out the door in seconds, looking as polished as ever. Run your errands or dash from bar to bar in this lovely pair. (via Garance Dore)
18. Rachel Comey Bernard Shoes ($336): Two words: metallic clogs. This gilded pair would look stunning with a simple mod black dress.
19. Frye Carson Leather Clog ($268): When Western style meets traditional clogs, magical things happen. Observe.
20. White Mountain Cherub Platform Clogs ($65): Your feet will be snug as a bug in a rug wearing these soft suede clog heels that don’t sacrifice style for comfort.
21. Rendering Clog ($168): HAND THEM OVER, INTERNET. In every color (Yellow! Brown! Black!). Thanks.
22. Naya Platform Clogs ($82): Does anyone know of a contractor who can build us a shoe closet for all these new pairs? This nude platform clog just might be the pair that pushes us over the edge.
24. Flogg Franny Clogs ($160): Women don’t walk, they strut in these timeless black leather clogs. I mean, check out that fierce pointed toe.
25. Open Back Kiltie on Platform in Bronze ($305): Now that we know what loafers can be, we’re never going back to our old slip-ons! These bronze steppers are a truly modern way to rock the fringe.
Are you ready to give clogs another shot? Which pair could you see yourself wearing? Let us know in the comments!