Sadly, our obsession with consuming coconut oil has been seriously downgraded, since the latest info says that eating this superfood is not as healthy as we thought (insert crying emoji here). But while downing a Starbucks Coconutmilk Latte is one thing, using the ingredient to condition your body is another. Thankfully, only good stuff can happen when it’s used to moisturize dry skin and hair. Scroll through for a taste of the latest coconut beauty products you need to get your hands on this winter.
1. Suave Professionals Coconut Oil Infusion Damage Repair Conditioner ($5): Three times is the charm for this coconut oil conditioner, as it claims you can see improved hair just after three treatments. And don’t worry about weighing down strands: The sulfate-free formula is lightweight, lending hair a healthy look and feel.
2. Too Cool for School Coconut Milky Body Scrub ($20): Reach for this exfoliator when you’re craving a decadent coconut treat. The freshly blended paste has an entire coconut in it, including grounded coconut shell to slough off dead skin, coconut water to hydrate, coconut oil to smooth away rough spots, and coconut butter to lock in moisture.
3. Kopari Coconut Melt ($18): What makes this oil different from your ordinary kitchen version is the integrity of the powerful ingredient. This buttery melt comes from pure, virgin, 100 percent organic coconuts sourced from small family farms in the Philippines, so it’s ultra rich with fatty acids for mega moisture and lauric acid to quell inflammation.
4. Marc Jacobs Beauty Under(cover) Perfecting Coconut Face Primer ($44): Avoid the four o’clock makeup melt with this beauty buy. Spritz on this refreshing primer — infused with five coconut ingredients — to set your foundation and make it last. The breathable layer smooths and nourishes skin, so your makeup looks and stays fresh all day.
5. Garnier Whole Blends Coconut Oil & Cocoa Butter Extracts Smoothing Oil ($6): Still got frizz even though humid summer months are long gone? This luxe oil infused with South Pacific coconut oil and African cocoa butter smooths frazzled strands and flyaways, leaving behind a soft, touchable, non-greasy shine.
6. Briogeo Scalp Revival Charcoal + Coconut Oil Micro-Exfoliating Shampoo ($42): Got a scratchy scalp? Lather up with this cocktail of detoxifying charcoal and moisturizing coconut oil, designed to wash away scalp buildup and add hydration back to a dry, itchy head.
7. Too Faced Hangover 3-in-1 Replenishing Primer & Setting Spray ($32): Pack this coconut water spray in your overnight bag to wake up a tired and jetlagged complexion. The multitasking mist does triple duty by acting as a primer, a makeup setting spray, and a midday pick-me-up when you need to hydrate and brighten a fading face.
8. Dial Coconut Milk Body Wash ($5): Make scaly skin disappear STAT with this tropical wash. Not only does it smell like the best vacation ever, but it softens parched skin beautifully thanks to a patented release formula that continually moisturizes from morning to night.
Looking for more beauty inspo? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.