11 Beauty Products That Magically Adjust to Your *Perfect* Shade
Finding that perfect makeup shade is a major obstacle in the way of achieving that flawless look. Whether it’s a foundation that just doesn’t blend in or a bronzer that leans more Snooki than Gisele, choosing the wrong shade can easily lead to a beauty don’t situation. That’s why we’re fully on board with the trend of color-adapting cosmetics: chameleon-like beauty products that magically take on your perfect shade when you apply them. This type of makeup transforms to suit your unique skin tone, meaning you’ll never have to worry about a mismatched color pick again. Scroll on and say hello to these 11 tailor-made beauty products.
1. Lipstick Queen Hello Sailor Lipstick ($25): Don’t judge this seemingly bright blue lipstick by its… tube. Instead of coating your pout in a Violet Beauregarde shade of blue, it’ll turn into a personalized shade of plum when applied to your lips.
2. Givenchy Le Rose Revelateur Magic Lip Gloss ($32): On a quest to find the perfect pink? This gloss takes the guesswork out of it, as it goes on clear and magically turns your kisser the perfect pink.
3. TONYMOLY Luminous Pure Aura CC Cream ($13): If you’ve ever had trouble finding that perfect-match foundation, this one-color-fits-all CC Cream is for you. While the formula comes out white, once you blend it into your skin, it adapts to a shade perfectly suited for your skin tone. For no-makeup makeup days, this is an essential.
4. Smashbox O-Glow Intuitive Cheek Color ($29): Get your skin glowing with this totally unique cheek color. While the gel formula goes on clear, it quickly reacts to your body’s chemistry, adjusting to a rosy shade that will flatter each and every skin tone. Welcome to the future!
5. Physicians Formula pH Matchmaker pH Powered Bronzer ($13): Bronzers can be a girl’s best friend — or her worst enemy. If you’re lucky, your choice will add a gorgeous, sun-kissed glow to your complexion — and if not, you may find yourself in oompa-loompa territory. Luckily, this bronzer is foolproof; the color-adapting formula reacts to your skin’s pH and adjusts the shade accordingly.
6. Surreal Makeup Mermaid Eye Shadow ($10): Embrace your inner mermaid with this color-changing eye shadow whose clear shimmer morphs into a stunning teal when applied to your lids. For those looking to try out the bright lid trend that dominated the runways this year, this pick is just the ticket.
7. Stila Custom Color Blush ($20): We’ve all worn an unflattering shade of blush at one point or another. But with this customizable powder, finding the right color will never be an issue again. This buildable formula changes color and works with your skin’s chemistry, completely adapting itself to complement your particular coloring.
8. It Cosmetics Vitality Lip Flush 4-in-1 Reviver Lipstick Stain ($20): Show your lips some love with a pigment that brings out a flush of pink in every pout. This hydrating lipstick goes on clear, quickly turning to a vibrant pop o’ pink, just like magic!
10. The Body Shop Lip & Cheek Velvet Stick ($16): Don’t let the dark pigment scare you off — this multi-tasking stick changes to a bright, cheery poppy color when you put it on. The flattering shade adds a beautiful flush of color to lips and cheeks, making it the perfect pick to keep on hand in your makeup bag.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)