12 Tutorials for Flawless, #Nofilter Makeup
We are all for a good bold lip or sharp eyeliner, but our favorite spring trend can be worn every day and night. While it might sound counterintuitive to use makeup to look like you’re not wearing any makeup, this trend is all about celebrating and enhancing your natural beauty. We’ve already shared our fave natural makeup products, and now we’re revealing our can’t-miss natural makeup tutorials, for those days when you wake up feeling less than #flawless.
3. Lisa Eldridge: This tutorial is pure skin perfection! The English celeb makeup artist shows us how to get the most natural look for all our skin tones with options for super light to medium coverage. Is it weird that we want a cup of tea after watching this? (via Lisa Eldridge)
4. MadeULook: This tutorial is perfect for super fair skin and those of us who want full coverage while still looking natural. Alexys Fleming’s droll narration shows us how to put some life back into a pale complexion. (via MadeULook Twice)
5. Patricia Bright: Another delightful English makeup maven, Patricia Bright, takes us through her favorite natural makeup routine for summer. The tutorial has great tips for easily adding a little contouring while you put on your concealer. (via Patricia Bright)
6. Sephora: Sephora pro Erik Soto’s tutorial shows us how to nail the no-makeup look in six easy steps and under four minutes. This no-makeup makeup method is perfect for those days when we have approximately zero minutes to get ready. (via Sephora)
7. From Head to Toe: In this tutorial, we get the skinny on how to trick the eye and create that flawless finish without looking made up. Jen shows us how to cover just the spots we need to look totally fresh faced. (via From Head to Toe)
8. Jordan Liberty: Did you just go on vacation? That’s what everyone will be asking after you master this tutorial. Jordan also shows us how to use Rosebud salve in an unexpected way. (via Jordan Liberty)
10. Nicole Guerriero: In this how-to, beauty guru Nicole Guerriero shows us her favorite fresh face technique with a few different options based on how much time we have to get ready before we fly out the door. (via Nicole Guerriero)
11. Carli Bybel: Quick and easy is the name of the game in this tutorial. Carli shows us how to use a pared-down version of a regular makeup routine to get a fresh glow on the go. (via The Beauty Bybel)
Have you tried the no-makeup makeup look? Tell us in the comments below!
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.