9 Comfort Food Appetizers for All Your Spring Parties
Bacon wrapped scallops, egg rolls and shrimp cocktails — no offense, but those appetizers are old news. Been there, eaten that! While those usual suspects may be the gold standard everyone is expecting at your party, there IS a recipe for success in changing up the menu. In fact, there are several. Just turn your favorite down home-inspired recipes like pizza and tater tots into party-ready finger foods and you’ll have mini snacks that even the kids won’t be able to pass up. Scroll on for all the delicious comfort food eats you *need* to serve at your next get-together.
1. Cheese and Bacon Potato Skins: These double baked potato skins are also double baconed (that’s a word, right?). They’re cooked in bacon fat *and* topped with crispy bacon. Talk about indulgent. (via Recipe Tin Eats)
2. Chocolate Covered Bacon: Here’s one way to eat your feelings. Bacon lovers will rejoice while crunching on these sweet and salty chocolate-dipped bacon skewers. Pair with a crisp lager for a decadent grown-up treat! (via Veggie Balance)
3. Jalapeño-Fennel Deviled Eggs: Bring the nostalgia of backyard barbecues and picnics to your party with these slightly spicy deviled eggs. The devilish secret to this classic app: swap the traditional mayo with EVOO for a healthier twist! Roll out the gingham print tablecloth and dig in. (via Fix Feast Flair)
4. Chicken and Waffles Sliders: Chicken is brined overnight in a mixture of hot sauce and buttermilk for these ultra-crispy chicken and waffle sliders. Let guests have a blast customizing their sandwiches with sauces like spicy maple syrup, chipotle jam, hot pepper mayo and spicy mustard. (via Foodie Crush)
6. Bacon Wrapped Tater Tot Bombs: There’s more to these tots than meets the eye. Bite into one and you’ll find they’re sweet and salty on the outside with a gooey cheesy center. That’s why they’re the bomb.com. (via Damn Delicious)
7. Sweet Potato and Chicken Hand Pies: These hand-held pies are the perfect way to enjoy pie while mingling. Get ready for buttery, flaky, sweet and savory flavors with no fork or plate required. (via Traveling Fork)
8. Party-Friendly Mini Pizza Bites: These not-quite bagel bites will bring out the kid in you. Class these babies up with premium toppings like prosciutto, arugula and fresh basil. Your tastebuds will thank you! (via the Girl on Bloor)
9. Cheesy Jalapeño Sausage Rolls: British sausage rolls get a very American upgrade with this app. A healthy dose of cheese and fresh chopped jalapeños make it fit for any backyard shindig. (via Brit + Co)
Looking for more tasty appetizers? Follow us on Pinterest.
Our undergarments might have taken a backseat in 2020, but with a new year upon us, we're feeling inspired to reprioritize our most intimate clothing layer — especially in time for Valentine's Day. Because hey, what better way to kickstart a season of self-love than by treating yourself to a confidence-boosting set of lingerie?
We turned to trusted intimates brand Adore Me to set us straight on trends for the year ahead, featuring size-inclusive bodysuits, romantic bustiers, lacy babydoll styles, and everything in between. Luxe sets start at $24.95 with free shipping and exchanges, and if you're not sure what style would work best for you, Adore Me has an at-home styling service called the Elite Box. You can try everything on from the comfort and safety of your home, keep what you love, and send back the rest totally hassle-free. Need more to pique your interest? Scroll ahead to see the silky lingerie and loungewear pieces we're adding to our cart.
Adore Me Svana Contour Set ($24.95): You can't go wrong with this playful satin cherry print and lace design.
Adore Me Luana Camisole & Short Set ($24.95): It was about time for a PJ upgrade, and this silky set is perfect for sweet dreamin' and lounging around the house.
Adore Me Gynger Unlined Set ($24.95): Va-va-voom! Hands-down the sexiest piece in the collection, this bra boasts a fiery red bow and skin-showing cups — literally confidence in a bra!
Adore Me Evetta Unlined Set ($24.95): This barely-there flouncy lace set is for when you'd almost rather wear nothing at all.
Adore Me Desirae Robe ($24.95): Take your self-care to the next level with this so-soft robe with subtle lace detailing.
Adore Me Clarisse Unlined Bodysuit ($24.95): This floral lace bodysuit with adjustable attached garters is straight out of our lingerie fantasy.
Adore Me Charlize Unlined Set ($24.95): If plum is more your power color, you'll love this sheer lace set.
Adore Me Helene Cheeky Plus (5 for $20): Our underwear drawer needs a little TLC too, and these comfy undies with coverage are the answer.
Adore Me Kaia Contour Plus Set ($24.95): Cutouts are all the rage, so why not have them in your underwear too?
Adore Me Kaia Contour Set ($24.95): Oh, and it comes in fire engine red — yes, please!
Adore Me Clarisse Bodysuit ($24.95): If you weren't sure about bodysuits, let this classic style change your mind.
Adore Me Corina Push Up Bustier ($24.95): Like more volume in the cleavage area? This sexy corset situation is for you.