11 Snack Foods That Take “Fun-Size” to a Whole New Level
Why does bigger always have to mean better? Miniature snack food is just so much more appealing. Or maybe it’s just because our inner five-year-old secretly loves eating everything with our hands. Either way, when it comes to shrinking some classic comfort food down to bite-sized appetizers, the cuteness factor increases exponentially. Whether you’re looking for an easily portable snack to take to a party or you just want that comfort food taste without having leftovers for days, these 11 recipes will definitely charm their way to your heart and stomach.
2. Mini Grilled Cheese: No one can resist a gooey, grilled cheese sandwich, especially when they’re served up with the cutest little shooters of tomato soup. Plus the adorable paper napkin holders will keep guests’ fingers grease-free. (via Oh Happy Day)
4. Chicken and Waffle Sliders: The classic sweet/savory Southern comfort food gets a tiny twist with these bite-sized treats. This is a perfect trick to make a little bit of chicken go a long way. (via Food, Folks and Fun)
5. Mini Chicken Pot Pies: Use only your favorite veggies (or personalize each little pie for picky eaters) for these individual pot pies. Because of their size, they are heavy on the crust, which is obviously the whole reason to eat pot pie. (via My Name is Yeh)
6. Miniature French Toast: If you can get someone to bring you these in bed, then you’ve got it made, because these hand-held toasts would be perfect for a lazy morning in bed. And if you’re starving, never fear: Cook time + prep time is only 15 minutes. Hello, breakfast. (via Recipe Tin Eats)
9. Mini Turkey Taco Salad: Instead of those enormous taco bowls you find at Mexican restaurants, treat yourself to a homemade version that’s so dainty and adorable you’ll forget you’re eating game-day food. (via Foxes Love Lemons)
10. Mini Quesadillas: If you get “melted cheese fatigue” from a huge quesadilla, you’ll love these miniature versions that have just the right amount of cheese, avocado and salsa to be a healthy snack or light meal. (via The Veg Space)
11. Corn Dog Mini Muffins: Football food is the best food. And even the biggest guys at the party will get a “kick” out of these adorable corndog bites. Macho men love finger food too… even if they won’t admit it. (via Savory Simple)
What’s your favorite mini food? Talk to us in the comments below!
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.