11 Snack Foods That Take “Fun-Size” to a Whole New Level
Why does bigger always have to mean better? Miniature snack food is just so much more appealing. Or maybe it’s just because our inner five-year-old secretly loves eating everything with our hands. Either way, when it comes to shrinking some classic comfort food down to bite-sized appetizers, the cuteness factor increases exponentially. Whether you’re looking for an easily portable snack to take to a party or you just want that comfort food taste without having leftovers for days, these 11 recipes will definitely charm their way to your heart and stomach.
2. Mini Grilled Cheese: No one can resist a gooey, grilled cheese sandwich, especially when they’re served up with the cutest little shooters of tomato soup. Plus the adorable paper napkin holders will keep guests’ fingers grease-free. (via Oh Happy Day)
4. Chicken and Waffle Sliders: The classic sweet/savory Southern comfort food gets a tiny twist with these bite-sized treats. This is a perfect trick to make a little bit of chicken go a long way. (via Food, Folks and Fun)
5. Mini Chicken Pot Pies: Use only your favorite veggies (or personalize each little pie for picky eaters) for these individual pot pies. Because of their size, they are heavy on the crust, which is obviously the whole reason to eat pot pie. (via My Name is Yeh)
6. Miniature French Toast: If you can get someone to bring you these in bed, then you’ve got it made, because these hand-held toasts would be perfect for a lazy morning in bed. And if you’re starving, never fear: Cook time + prep time is only 15 minutes. Hello, breakfast. (via Recipe Tin Eats)
9. Mini Turkey Taco Salad: Instead of those enormous taco bowls you find at Mexican restaurants, treat yourself to a homemade version that’s so dainty and adorable you’ll forget you’re eating game-day food. (via Foxes Love Lemons)
10. Mini Quesadillas: If you get “melted cheese fatigue” from a huge quesadilla, you’ll love these miniature versions that have just the right amount of cheese, avocado and salsa to be a healthy snack or light meal. (via The Veg Space)
11. Corn Dog Mini Muffins: Football food is the best food. And even the biggest guys at the party will get a “kick” out of these adorable corndog bites. Macho men love finger food too… even if they won’t admit it. (via Savory Simple)
What’s your favorite mini food? Talk to us in the comments below!
You can wear many hats running a business and sometimes some look better than others. Thanks to Office Depot, we're talking with Koyun Fan, co-founder of Sticky Rice Sisters, about finding inspiration along the way and staying organized on the road to success.