14 Creative and Thoughtful Off-Registry Baby Gifts
If you’ve found yourself in the middle of spring baby shower and all of your friends’ registries are looking a little too picked over, we’ve got your back. Chances are good that none of these items are on their list, but they’ll be thrilled to receive any one of them. Keep scrolling for creative and thoughtful off-the-registry baby gifts.
1. A Good Night’s Sleep: Enlist the help of a night nurse for when she just needs 8 (or more) hours of uninterrupted sleep. (Photo via Getty)
2. Fish in Water: There’s nothing like splashing around to delight the little ones, so look for lessons at your local community pool. This is one of those gifts you can make your signature — good for birthdays, Christmas, and just because! (Photo via Getty)
3. Life Saver: Child/Infant CPR Classes for parents could literally save a life. (Photo via Getty)
4. That’s the Spot: Book a class or series on infant massage so she (and the baby) can benefit from soothing touch — as well as foster the emotional bond between mother and child. (Photo via Getty)
5. Twinkle Twinkle Little Star: Inspire the next generation to explore the sky by naming a star or constellation in their honor. (Photo via Getty)
6. Animal Adoration: Many zoos, animal sanctuaries, and wildlife groups will let you sponsor an animal. (Photo via Getty)
7. Give Back: If your expectant friends have everything they need, the simple gesture like donating a diaper bag full of essentials to a women’s shelter could make the world of difference to someone else. Coordinate through the Good+ Foundation, or reach out to organizations doing good work in your own neighborhood. (Photo via Getty)
8. Cheers to Baby: For the future sommelier, do some research to see which wines currently on the market will age to perfection in the next 21 years. (Photo via Getty)
9. Destination: Fun: Help the growing family make memories with their little one with a membership to a local zoo, botanical garden, or museum. (Photo via Getty)
10. Bookroo Book Of The Month Club ($17/month): Start that love of reading early! Look into a “book of the month” club and the parents will thank you every month.
11. Uncle Goose American Sign Language Blocks ($37): Learning signs can nurture baby’s communication skills and help lay a foundation for learning ASL or other languages.
12. Instant Pot ($140): Sure, you’re planning to bring a casserole over after the little bundle arrives, but you can’t go wrong with the gift of easy meals to feed them all the days you *aren’t* there.
13. Capture The Moment: Does your BFF want a maternity shoot to remember her pregnancy curves, a photographer to capture the birth, or a sweet at home family session when the little one is in the newborn stage? You can totally help with a gift card or money earmarked for the photographer she loves. (Photo via Getty)
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)