If you think scrapbooking is old-fashioned or requires a lot of supplies, we’ve got some projects that are sure to change your mind. Scrapbooking is a fantastic way to get your photos off your phone and out where you can actually show them off. Instead of thinking of scrapbooks as cheesy and time-consuming, think of them as pretty and artsy photo albums. Whether you want to make a fun record of your vacation or relax and reflect, check out these 15 projects to get inspired.
1. Chipboard Album: Think big and make an oversized scrapbook that can also double as a beautiful coffee table book. Big, full-paged photos mean you don’t have to worry about getting “artsy.” Just let the pictures do the talking. (via A Beautiful Mess)
2. 52 Memories Scrapbook: Here’s a beautiful gift for Mother’s Day, Valentine’s Day or just because. Grab a deck of cards — the prettier the better — and 52 favorite photos, then link the whole thing together with a couple of binder rings. (via Paper Vine)
6. Road Trip Journal: Instead of tackling the project after you get home, try keeping a journal while you’re traveling. If you write down everything when it happens, you’ll never miss an important memory. (via DIY Ready)
7. Remember Little Things: Just because you haven’t traveled to Thailand recently doesn’t mean you don’t have anything to scrapbook about. It’s all about reflecting, so take pictures of your home, your pets and everything you love. (via A Beautiful Mess)
8. Photo Board Book: Using cardboard and lots of adhesive, you can make a photo board book that is perfect for the little ones. Fill it with images of family and pets and soon they’ll be rattling off everyone’s names. (via A Beautiful Mess)
9. Handmade Paper: You could use handmade paper as textural accents in a scrapbook or make a whole album just using the thick, colorful pages. If you add flowers like lavender, the pages will even smell good. (via Kiss the Groom)
11. DIY Stamps: If you missed the rubber stamp craze and don’t have drawers of them hiding in your craft room, you can DIY your own. From hearts to houses, these easy-to-make stamps are a cute way to personalize your scrapbook pages. (via Fellow Fellow)
12. Making Stuff Up: So you had an amazing party and you forgot to take pictures. Never fear, the beauty of scrapbooking is that you can get creative and still fill out a page by using stamps or text to show the highlights of the night. (via A Beautiful Mess)
Would you try any of these creative scrapbooking ideas? Share your favorite ways to preserve memories in the comments below!